FOR iPHONE 4 USERS ONLY!... How is iOS 7 working on your device?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are several threads asking whether or not iPhone 4 owners should upgrade to iOS 7. In this particular thread, I am specifically asking how iOS 7 is performing for YOU on YOUR specific iPhone 4 device? Are you pleased with it? Does it drain the battery quickly? Is it better or worse that you expected? Feel free to chime in and let us know.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i want to ask that can i upgrade my ios when my iphone is not unlocked?
can i jailbrake it without unlocking it?

We at iMore are glad to answer your questions but please read the rules and regulations and try to post questions where they are more visible and follow the thread topics

1. Unlocking your iPhone is for carrier purpose only it has nothing to do with upgrading your current IOS version

2. Jailbreak also doesn't need an unlock but the currently only iOS 6.2 or lower can be broken

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Being my girlfriends i4 care giver it runs smooth on 7.0.3 so I haven't updated it for her yet I've been busy

The battery life is great almost no lag she seldom complains about any issues at all

The i4 is still a solid choice and well capable of running the Lastest software even if it happens to be watered down

Sent from my iPhone 5

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone seems no better nor worse (performance-wise) with iOS 7. Or, if you will, it works as expected.

Which offers a conundrum - with my 3 year wireless plan coming to an end at the beginning of the year, do I stick with my current provider and my old phone, or consider a move on both fronts? Normally, I'd be considering a hardware upgrade (because, if the old phone does die, it'll mean revisiting the whole plan), but frankly, I see nothing 'insanely great' in the current crop of iPhone products - in fact, it's more of the same. And I'm not sure ennui (or the hope that Apple might offer a game-changer in iPhone 6 sometime in 2014) is enough of a reason to stick around.

It wouldn't be up for discussion if Apple offered anywhere near the selection of hardware options that the competition does - but if my iPhone 4 runs fine with the current iOS, why consider any upgrade?

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 7.0.2 on my iPhone 4 and I absolutely hate it. Hate it. It's slow in ALL areas. I've gone through tons of troubleshooting advises online & from Apple and nothing seems to help. I'm just waiting for the iPhone 6 (or whatever it'll be called to come out. I'm trying to hold out for a bigger screen but not sure how long I can go on like this.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Come on you 4 users ! let's get a few more answers, it would be nice to get a
decent sample to help make my mind
up.
recently I have received updates
with ios6 support...... curious.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

MacGeekAZ

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is not what it used to be. I'm disappointed! I did a fresh install of the iOS, but that didn't help. I like iOS 7, but I definitely have to charge the phone more often.

AMosha

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm running iOS 7.0 currently on my iPhone 4. It doesn't run flawlessly, but it's not to a point that's bothersome or excessively aggravating me. You should upgrade if you haven't already and enjoy all the new features. Discussing hardware limitations, the battery hasn't been troublesome obviously if you allow greater number of background refreshes you'll be drawing more power.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Currently running ios 7.0.4 without any hanging issue , nothing slower in any process , battery worked fine (not longer, but its more enough) smoother - Stable

Taridum

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi ia m new to my iphone 4 but seems to run fine . i prefer the icons. I am wondering though, does this upgrade mean we have acces to Bluetooth 4.o LE?
Thanks;)
Tari

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711