No sound when calling

Valentine Feldbergs

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So I've got an iPhone 4 unlocked 32gb

When I try to make a call it goes straight to the loudspeaker, but there is no sound, people on the other end can't hear me either.
Everything else works, music, system sounds etc. Tried skype test call everything works fine.

I've tried to do a recovery, DFU mode, tried to put my motherboard into another mid frame, nothing. All the same.

So now I have no idea what to do, my only idea is either iOS7 is doing something wrong or its the motherboard, even though, as a person who works on iPhone's all the time
this is the cleanest iPhone motherboard I have seen.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
On any call it goes straight to speakerphone? Have you been able to rule out that the earpiece might have failed? I assume we're not working with any beta or GM versions of iOS 7, so installing a fresh copy of the latest version of iOS 7 would make a difference if it was a software issue. When you did your restore, did you set it up as a new iPhone and test, or restore your backup? I have encountered software corruption transferring to a backup, and then back to a new device upon restore.

Valentine Feldbergs

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have done about 5 restores, I set them all up as a new iPhone. The earpiece works fine in skype, I tested with the test call, earpiece, loudspeaker and the mic works fine, but when I make any call it goes straight to loudspeaker and no sound or anything if I press it to go to earpiece there is no sound.

Oh and I'm running iOS 7.0.2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen