Wanting to use separate inboxes for e-mails using ios 7

Darth Krayt

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So after upgrading to ios 7 on my iphone4 it seems that all my email account are now included in an "All" inbox... now while it is nice to see them all in the same inbox I would personally rather still have them all separate. Is there anyway I can fix this?

There are 4 accounts 2 gmail, 1 icloud and my Charter email if that makes any difference thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While in the native Mail app, tap on "Edit" in the upper right corner. Now uncheck "All Inboxes". Afterwards, tap "Done" in the upper right corner.

Darth Krayt

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
While in the native Mail app, tap on "Edit" in the upper right corner. Now uncheck "All Inboxes". Afterwards, tap "Done" in the upper right corner.

I wish it were that easy. I tried that before I posted here :( when I do that it just shows the VIP box. If I scroll down where it says "Add Mailbox" I can add any other box (trash, spam, etc) but no inboxes. Their is an option for "All mail" which shows everything from that account. Maybe ill just have to use a separate app.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wish it were that easy. I tried that before I posted here :( when I do that it just shows the VIP box. If I scroll down where it says "Add Mailbox" I can add any other box (trash, spam, etc) but no inboxes. Their is an option for "All mail" which shows everything from that account. Maybe ill just have to use a separate app.

I have 3 email addresses on my phone... but I choose to only show the UNREAD inbox. However, as D said, open your Mail app and click EDIT in the top right corner... You will see the screen that posted below. Simply check the circles next to the email addresses for which you want to see separate inboxes, then click DONE and back out of the screen. You should be good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1796.PNG
    IMG_1796.PNG
    105.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Darth Krayt

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 email addresses on my phone... but I choose to only show the UNREAD inbox. However, as D said, open your Mail app and click EDIT in the top right corner... You will see the screen that posted below. Simply check the circles next to the email addresses for which you want to see separate inboxes, then click DONE and back out of the screen. You should be good to go.

When I hit the EDIT button if I click UNREAD it does not have them separated as you screenshot shows above.... hmm.... Would it have anything to do with the carrier as I have Sprint not AT&T

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When I hit the EDIT button if I click UNREAD it does not have them separated as you screenshot shows above.... hmm.... Would it have anything to do with the carrier as I have Sprint not AT&T

UNREAD us another view into your mail. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Checking UNREAD does not alter anything on the display... it simply will give you an inbox labeled UNREAD that contains all unread email. The various views include:

ALL INBOXES
UNREAD
<separate inboxes for each email account>
VIP
FLAGGED

What happens when you check ALL INBOXES?

Darth Krayt

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
UNREAD us another view into your mail. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Checking UNREAD does not alter anything on the display... it simply will give you an inbox labeled UNREAD that contains all unread email. The various views include:

ALL INBOXES
UNREAD
<separate inboxes for each email account>
VIP
FLAGGED

What happens when you check ALL INBOXES?

If i check ALL INBOXES it gives me just that all of my email from all accounts in one INBOX i just want it like i had ift before i upgraded to ios 7 where each email had its own separate thread and not all jumbled together

philip12

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I follow what everyone says but I still can`t separate the inboxes as I don`t see them in any drop down box. Why do people think that upgrading will either fix things or make them better ? I wish I had not upgraded to iOS7. Very frustrating.

AmyRockHead

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried the advice above and it didn't work for me either. I deleted additional email accounts (beyond 1 account) and then re-added them. Then it was back to normal, i.e. being able to view each email account separately. This lumping all accounts into one view was an obnoxious side-effect of the new iphone apple IO7 update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2