upgrade to IOS 7 = Phone in looping reboot

lcp03o

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have 2 x iphone 4 phones. Both were jailbroken on IOS version 5.1.

Phone 1 - I managed to upgrade to IOS 7 with no issues.

Phone 2 - I ran the upgrade to IOS 7 in the settings section on the iphone. The upgrade completed, but when the phone boots up the apple logo shows for about 5 seconds, then the phone powers off, Then the phone trys to reboot again and is stuck in a loop.

I do not have a backup of the phone so I need to recover my numbers pics and so on. I can put the phone in to recovery mode but is there a way to simply reinstall the IOS and not do a restore and lose the data on the phone??

When I connect my iphone to itunes I can click on the restore button, but thr update button is greyed out. If I was to download the IOS7 .ipsw file could I simply reload IOS7 via the restore button??

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have 2 x iphone 4 phones. Both were jailbroken on IOS version 5.1.

Phone 1 - I managed to upgrade to IOS 7 with no issues.

Phone 2 - I ran the upgrade to IOS 7 in the settings section on the iphone. The upgrade completed, but when the phone boots up the apple logo shows for about 5 seconds, then the phone powers off, Then the phone trys to reboot again and is stuck in a loop.

I do not have a backup of the phone so I need to recover my numbers pics and so on. I can put the phone in to recovery mode but is there a way to simply reinstall the IOS and not do a restore and lose the data on the phone??
Not hardly, but if your data is associated with a email service like ICloud, Gmail, Yahoo, etcetera, your data (calendars, reminders, notes, contacts) will return once you configure the service with you device.

When I connect my iphone to itunes I can click on the restore button, but thr update button is greyed out. If I was to download the IOS7 .ipsw file could I simply reload IOS7 via the restore button??

Thanks
Yes, but you'll have to press the shift key when you select restore to direct iTunes to the location of your downloaded ipsw file.