iPhone 4 Memory after installing iOS 7

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Can someone do me a favor? If someone has an iPhone 4 (8Gb) and has iOS 7 installed; how much available memory do you have?

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
apa2y6y3.jpg

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I am using i phone 4 8 gb
Should i update i os 7 or avoid it
please give me suggestions

I have a 4 (albeit with a whack more storage at 32GB) and, as I understand it - and as noted above - an OTA download will require something around 3.1GB of room free on the device. Once installed, it overwrites the old OS and then releases that 3.1 of storage. With the overwrite, I did not see a significant loss of space on my 4.
If you do the download via your iTunes (the iTunes will advise you that it needs an update first, BTW), then you aren't losing - however temporarily - that 3.1GB, as its all being handled by iTunes on your computer. Again, the install overwrites the old OS with, it seems to me, little increase.

Now, its also worth noting that if your iPhone is regularly connected to wi-fi when its plugged in (say, a home wi-fi situation), then Apple will soon be pushing the iOS update to your device, whether you want it or not - so if you don't install it, it'll just sit on your device, eating up 3.1GB. And it cannot be uninstalled.

Install or avoid? A personal choice, I think.
It works fine on my 4 - its pretty much a 'meh' product, with a few looks and features that irritate me.
I'm sure it does clean up a few 6.x.x issues (and has created a few of its own - we're already on 7.0.2), but if there's two things that I give it credit for, its the auto-install of app updates (if you turn it on) and, more importantly, the ability to (finally) throw the incredibly pointless Newsstand into my 'Junk Drawer' folder - along with most of the rest of Apple's built-in apps.

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I am using i phone 4 8 gb
Should i update i os 7 or avoid it
please give me suggestions

It really depends on your personal preferences :)
What I can tell you is that my brother has his iPhone 4 8GB and after he installed iOS7, His phone was a bit slower at times and the animations were choppier also. You might also take into consideration the benefits of the new software and what it brings vs. the speed reduction, and how much storage it takes up in an 8GB phone :)

Georgemg

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 16 gb , and there is not much of a change in disk space for me ! But there is a significant change in the way things run ! Everything except the camera is slower by 1,5 seconds average !! And you have to do a lot of settings alchemys to change that a little ! And some 3d games that used to play super smoothly with iOS 6 now are on slow motion and it's super annoying ! (Example some endless run games like monsters univ. Stuck all the time and. Any be played ! ) the typing and the scrolling are slower too ! Only after following some advice on what to turn off on settings I managed to make the 3d games play well ! They really did improve ! But the scrolling and the calls even are slower ! Ex. I click to call a contact and the call screen appears after 2 seconds I can't even close the call fast if I regret it !!!! So WAIT AND USE IOS 6 !!! If ps : I have 40% ram free when doing nothing and my friend with iOS 6 has 63 % I also must say that I have more installed apps than her but still ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73