- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Can My iPhone Send & Receive iMessages Without a SIM Card In It?
right so i got my new iphone but it is a hand me down so I have to wait a few weeks for it to be unlocked. So right now its an Ipod that is actually an iphone with no sim. I have set up my imessage and completed all the information but when I try to message people it just says not delivered. So I went on to settings and it keeps saying "waiting activation". can anyone help me set this up??
Thanks in advance
- 08-07-2013, 02:37 PM #2
re: Can My iPhone Send & Receive iMessages Without a SIM Card In It?
I'd like to think that it should, but you'd have to be connected to a Wi-Fi network. Also note that according to the System Status Page, FaceTime is down for some users so it may be affecting iMessages as well.
- 08-07-2013, 03:18 PM #3
Re: Can My iPhone Send & Receive iMessages Without a SIM Card In It?
You may have to remove your iMessage information, reset, and do it again to get it to activate. My iPhone 4S (which I use as a test device) has no sim and is WiFi only, but I can do iMessages and Facetime on it.
- By trksntrk in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-07-2013, 10:43 PM
- By saichick04 in forum AT&TReplies: 5Last Post: 08-07-2013, 08:16 PM
- By lfeuln in forum iPhone 5Replies: 3Last Post: 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
- By felipe_b in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2013, 08:07 AM
- By TorchedU2 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2013, 07:51 AM