iPhone 4 apps won't delete and stuck in waiting

iphoners

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I can't get any help, I have tried to update my apps and they stayed in waiting mode now I can't restart them or delete from my iPhone they will not budge I have tried everything from holding down the app to a restart ... Someone help me

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Holding down the individual apps didn't work or a soft reset?

How about changing your network? Switch to wifi and try that way.

You should be able to X out each app individually from springboard.

Last thing, iTunes sync.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can delete the apps that are stuck and redownload them by going into; Settings-General-Usage-Click on the app that is stuck and delete it. Now you can go into the App Store and redownload those apps.... I did this recently after a few of my apps got stuck in waiting too.

kpoplolfricking

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
what she/he means is [I have the same problem here] her apps are stuck on waiting, and they CANNOT delete. [my problem] it's the same as his/hers.but my backup is being a ***** and its taking FOREVER. my computer has issues, so no, I CANNOT sync it or whatever . Yes, my restrictions are on. but I CANNOT delete the apps that are stuck on 'waiting'

cmartinez1203

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problems and nothing is fixing it. The app is stuck, I've restarted and nothing, i tried to hold down and press the little x and nothing, the app isn't listed under the usage, it doesn't even show that it has been downloaded when connected to the computer and synced... I need it gone! Help!

NMac14

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problems and nothing is fixing it. The app is stuck, I've restarted and nothing, i tried to hold down and press the little x and nothing, the app isn't listed under the usage, it doesn't even show that it has been downloaded when connected to the computer and synced... I need it gone! Help!

I have the exact same issue: apps will not load and are not in usage. There are about 115 in this mode. Accidentally "downloaded" when I plugged my 8GB iPhone 4 into our home computer and my son's games from 32GB iPod went on to it. It is preventing downloads that I do want. Please help! Its been six months like this :(

aaron hanson

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
i have tried all the things he has including restarting, going to settings usage and deleting, signing out of app store and signing back in, and trying to click x on it and i even tried syncing with it on my computer which it says already downloaded. It has no image and says waiting once in a while it would delete and the x would dissapear but the app would still be there without the x. I then go to the app store and it says not downloaded and i click install, yet still it shows no imaage and gets stuck at the same exact place and then says waiting again. HELP!!!!!:(

Phil Hurvitz

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me for a few apps on iOS 8.1.1
1. open AppStore
2. tap purchased
3. tap not on this ipad
4. tap iPad Apps at the upper right, select 'iPhone Apps'
5. I see the phantom apps there; tap them and they will go through the install circle and then their install icons will change to the cloud symbol.

After that the apps are no longer on my desktop, but they are shown in purchased but not on this iPad; next download them by tapping the cloud if you want to install.

Chico Huff

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this! I was on the verge of wiping my phone and starting over. This is the only answer that makes sense and it's hard to believe how many wrong answers are out there. Thanks again!

Mistakenidenity

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
OH my gosh, thank you so much! This was the only thing that worked for me. The icon was actually "grayed out." I could hit delete but the icon would just keep shaking. Tried signing out, rebooting, even the reset where you hold power and home button. Tried multiple solutions and this was the only one. I've been frustrated for weeks because it was my Pinterest app and was unable to use it as well as unable to delete. You totally saved the day!! :biggrin::yes:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner