Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Default Weird issue with iphone 4 Running ios &

Greeting From webosnations!

I have decided to become a member of imore! i look forward to discuss topics with everyone! Anyway i have this issue on a iphone 4 on Verizon no sound will come out the speaker at all. I replaced it but same outcome. Then when i powered the phone up i went to the music and attempted to play a sound still no sound but the airplay icon appeared. But it was blank. (pictures below) The phone has water damage so im guess it may be the logic board because on ios 6.1.3 the phone freezes on setup no matter what and gets stuck in a boot loop but in ios 7 it works fine besides the speaker issue. So im giving up on the phone. ( But for future reference I would like help in researching and finding a solution
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird issue with iphone 4 Running ios &-img_0003-1-.png   Weird issue with iphone 4 Running ios &-img_0004-1-.png  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Weird issue with iphone 4 Running ios &

Is your phone still under warranty? I had issues with my 4s on iOS 6 with this and they replaced the phone for me. (Verizon) It would occasionally happen on iOS 7 but I believe it's just a beta glitch b/c it was a different phone.

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    Greeting From webosnations!
    Greetings

I have decided to become a member of imore! i look forward to discuss topics with everyone!
    Thank you for choosing to become a member here and we hope you find our community to your liking. At your convenience, be sure to check out the Community Rules & Guidelines.
    Anyway i have this issue on a iphone 4 on Verizon no sound will come out the speaker at all. I replaced it but same outcome.
    I am assuming you DIY. If so, have you tried retracing your steps to see if you did it right?
    Then when i powered the phone up i went to the music and attempted to play a sound still no sound but the airplay icon appeared. But it was blank. (pictures below) The phone has water damage so im guess it may be the logic board because on ios 6.1.3 the phone freezes on setup no matter what and gets stuck in a boot loop but in ios 7 it works fine besides the speaker issue. So im giving up on the phone. ( But for future reference I would like help in researching and finding a solution
    The damage from the water could be the culprit, but everything appear to work except the sound in iOS 7 Beta, so it could be that you replaced the speaker with a bad one. Just a thought. Anyway, thank you again for joining our community and have a great day...
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

but why is the blank airplay coming up?
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

no warranty :/