iPhone 4 Touch Screen Issue

B1gD4ddy

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought an iPhone 4 off eBay last week. I bought it with a damaged screen with the plan to repair it myself to save some money. I replaced the screen and all seemed fine, but then i realised there was a vertical strip of the screen that would not respond to touch. Like the digitizer had gone dead down a specific strip. So i assumed the new screen was faulty and replaced it with another one but the problem remains, in exactly the same place.

I have tried restoring and DFU restoring to no avail.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
BD

B1gD4ddy

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the info, but I have had the phone apart and tried both screens again several times, checking that every cable and every screw was in the right place and connected correctly.

I am pretty certain that the screens are not the issue and that I have put the phone back together correctly. I am beginning to think that it is a problem with the logic board, which is a big problem, since I don't have the knowledge or expertise to fix it. I can't even return the phone for a refund because I bought it as faulty with a damaged screen. I am now hoping that I have not bought an expensive paper weight.

Any other ideas?

Many Thanks

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone in your area who repairs iPhones? You might be able to take it to an Apple store and have it checked out. You'll probably have to pay for the repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2