- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
iPhone 4 Mic Repair/Replacement Cost
I bought a second hand iphone off kijiji, and everything was fine for a couple of weeks.. then people were complaining they couldn't hear me during calls.
I basically have to sort of hit my phone against my hand for the mic to work.
During videos its fine however.
It's starting to get annoying since I can never have a decent conversation.
I was wondering anyone from Toronto how much you would think it would cost to repair or replace AND a good place to do it at??!?
please and thanks!!
- 06-05-2013, 06:52 AM #2
Re: iPhone 4 Mic Repair/Replacement Cost
There are two different mics in the iphone.
There is one at the bottom for voice calling and one at the top for video calls (ie facetime).
There are two possible causes for your described problem, either the mic is toast or the dock assembly is.
In most cases it is the latter, the flat cable running from the dock assembly becomes dislodged by bumps or falling.
Repair is likely to be 75 to 100 USD if they use original spare parts.
Unfortunately I'm not from the Toronto area, so I can't help you on that part.
- By staticfiend in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 01-13-2014, 05:01 AM
- By jakea95 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM
- By Ponta in forum iPhone 4Replies: 7Last Post: 06-15-2012, 02:53 PM
- By abishepherd in forum iPhone 4Replies: 20Last Post: 12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
- By jono400 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 7Last Post: 12-02-2009, 09:35 AM