Results 1 to 6 of 6
Will my purchased apps transfer to a new iPhone?
Dumb question time. I bought an iPhone 4 on eBay and thus far am loving it. I'm due for an upgrade in August and have plans to upgrade to the 5s/6 at that time. My question is will the apps I've already purchased transfer to my new iPhone?
- 05-07-2013, 06:09 AM #2
- 05-07-2013, 07:14 AM #3
- 3,949 Posts
- iOS Version
- iOS 6.1.3
re: Will my purchased apps transfer to a new iPhone?
Yes. Any app you've ever purchased is yours, so even if you delete it from your device, you can redownload it for no charge.
Turn iCloud backups on Settings, iCloud, Storage & Backup, and then change the toggle to On for iCloud backup.
Then when you get a new device, you'll have an option to restore from an iCloud backup, you enter your iCloud login and password and it puts everything back with the exception of password (email accounts, wifi passwords, etc). The accounts themselves will be restored, just not the passwords.
- 05-07-2013, 08:01 AM #4iMore Genius
- 11,066 Posts
- iOS Version
Re: Will my purchased apps transfer to a new iPhone?
Even if you choose not to restore everything, you can redownload any purchased app at any time from the Purchased tab of your app store app.
- By Dennisgarcia in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2012, 12:36 AM
- By Ruffnut in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2011, 09:17 PM
- By curtisinoc in forum iTunesReplies: 5Last Post: 01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
- By GadgetGuru72 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 06-09-2010, 12:58 AM
- By GaryUSC in forum iPhone 4Replies: 30Last Post: 07-06-2008, 08:34 PM