Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

Default Galaxy Nexus convert, maybe...

Greetings, I am currently carrying a Galaxy Nexus. Last night, I won an auction on ebay for a 32gig black iPhone 4. I feel like I got a deal ($178 clean esn and all!) and look to receive the phone by Friday. My only exposure to an iDevice is one day with an iPad Mini that I bought my wife yesterday. I was so impressed with the mini that I started to bid on iPhones. As I am not sure if I will like the iPhone, I went with the cheapest option and got a 4. I have a few concerns, the biggest being the screen size. I am used to the 4.65in display on my Gnex and the thought of losing an entire inch is a little spooky.

I have been thinking about switching to the iPhone when my contract is up in August, so this will allow me to try ios out without being stuck with it for 2 years. I am brand loyal, by that I mean I work for a major manufacturing facility in the laundry industry who competes with LG and Samsung for market share. I cannot stand the fact that the phone I currently use is made by our major competitor. This is one of the reasons I am looking to get away from Android later this year. Samsung and LG offer the best Android phones, and I hate what Motorola is doing with their Droid line. This kinda leaves me with 2 choices, ios and Blackberry.

Sorry for rambling on, but I guess I need reassured that the iPhone 4 will not be a major step backwards from my Gnex.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus convert, maybe...

IPhone 4 isn't bad I myself have galaxy nexus and droid 2. Too I used my iOS phone for gaming and face time. Android I kind hate it beside being open. Is far behind iOS in term, of accessory and game quality and even graphic card on iPhone 4 put to shame most android phones from 2012. Due to fact of Google os is somewhat lacking of optimization even android 4.x

Specs wise beside gnex being dual core I think iPhone 4 perform better when it come to gaming. Gnex might be powerful on CPU but GPU it lack something iPhone don't .
    Apple a4 chip is better then Texas instruments that your nexus is using..

Google should of used hummingbird or Samsung exynos processor like galaxy s2 in Europe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by add119; 04-03-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Motorola have no saying it Google that messing with that company. I feel bad for moto

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

Okay, is there a good way to transfer my contacts from my Gnex to the iPhone?

Global Posts
    11,891 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    Okay, is there a good way to transfer my contacts from my Gnex to the iPhone?
    If you're already syncing contacts from the Gnex to Gmail all you do is set up the iPhone to sync contacts when you add the Gmail account. You can sync calendars too.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

I made a similar switch from an HTC Rezound to a used 4 a month ago. The screen size does take some getting used to but you do get used to it. The camera on the 4 should be an improvement. I do find certain things on iPhone more cumbersome than on Android, like turning on wifi, Bluetooth etc. it's not a big deal but it's something to be aware of. The other drawback is the share function on Andoid vs iOS. It's the natureof the OS that Android makes things easier to share between apps since there's no sand boxing and a file system. Those are the drawbacks but iOS brings some of the best hardware I've ever seen with it and a smooth running OS that's had no lag or crashes for me. Part of the switch was easy for me since I already had an iPod Touch and an iPad so I already had apps I had purchased and I knew what I was getting Into.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

So far I am enjoying the iPhone 4. The app switching is so much faster than on android. I do kinda miss widgets, but not enough. I cannot believe the build quality. You can actually feel the difference. I have only ever had plastic phones, and I must say the metal and glass construction of the 4 feels amazing.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Its just like everything new, that feeling will soon wear off. Yes i had an iPhone 4, loved it for the first 6 months. Then after a bad dealing with the apple store. I hated it and with the home button messing up i grew very frustrated. Moved on to the Moto Razr Maxx HD
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    Its just like everything new, that feeling will soon wear off. Yes i had an iPhone 4, loved it for the first 6 months. Then after a bad dealing with the apple store. I hated it and with the home button messing up i grew very frustrated. Moved on to the Moto Razr Maxx HD
    To each his own I guess. I am enjoying the change. iOS makes JB look silly on app switching. The speed increase has been very noticeable. I cannot imagine how fast an iPhone 5 is. If the 4 is faster than JellyBean, I can only imagine how zippy an iPhone 5 is.