iPhone 4/Straight Talk
I am going to be picking up a used AT&T iPhone 4 today. What are the proper steps to get everything working with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM? Is there a "Everything you need to know" type thread for this you could point me towards? I do not know yet what version of iOS it has on it.
- 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM #2
Re: iPhone 4/Straight Talk
I didn't see anything specific to the iPhone 4. All i saw was that they are now offering the iPhone (bought from them).
Edit: Just saw this on their site:
How do I update my iPhone APN settings?
If you have an AT&T compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S running iOS 4.0 or higher you may click on the link below and we can attempt to update your APN settings.
This link may not work based on limitations and configuration settings you may have on your iPhone, please contact the manufacturer or point of purchase for further support regarding your phone. Your phone must be connected to Wi-Fi in order to continue.
1 .While on Wi-Fi, open Safari and type in iapnupdate.straighttalk.com.
2. Tap Install.
3. Tap Install Now.
4. Enter your pass code if prompted.
5. Tap Done.
6. At this point you can exit your browser, turn off Wi-Fi, and re-boot your phone.
7. With Wi-Fi off, access Safari to ensure your data connection is working.
Please note that this will not enable MMS (Multi-Media Messaging) and we do not support this service for iPhone customers.
By clicking this link you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions iapnupdate.straighttalk.com
Assuming that is correct, is their anyway to get MMS working?
- 02-15-2013, 11:02 AM #4
- 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM #6
- 02-20-2013, 02:30 AM #8
- 02-20-2013, 06:11 AM #9
iPhone 4/Straight Talk
Like I said before, MMS only works between iPhones while using Straight Talk. Will not send MMS to other non-iPhones. I called Straight a talk about this and they said what I just said. They said MMS is not compatible with anything except iPhones only. Buying iPhones from Walmart, I do not know about, not buying another iPhone just to test it. I did the jailbreak on an iPhone 4S and downloaded the tetherme from Cydia and changed the APN settings for Straight Talk and it does not work. Everything else works great. I send a lot of pics, so I'm not using iPhone on Straight Talk. Until they correct this, I will not use it.
- 02-20-2013, 01:01 PM #10
Last edited by ovalfastlx; 02-20-2013 at 04:41 PM.
- By computerjeff05 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
- By andromidastarship in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 8Last Post: 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM
- By andromidastarship in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM
- By Rebirthpcg in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 05-26-2012, 05:17 PM
- By icebike in forum iPhone 4Replies: 15Last Post: 11-21-2009, 02:47 PM