Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Iphone 4 tmobile usa

Hey!!
    i have a problem, with my europen iPhone 4 that was working with a tmobile card while home, but now in the USA i got prepaid Tmobile sim assuming it will work and it said invalid sim... i know my phone is not unlocked but its the same company isn't it?? someone pls help.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,236 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default Iphone 4 tmobile usa

Quote Originally Posted by orsicat View Post
    Hey!!
    i have a problem, with my europen iPhone 4 that was working with a tmobile card while home, but now in the USA i got prepaid Tmobile sim assuming it will work and it said invalid sim... i know my phone is not unlocked but its the same company isn't it?? someone pls help.

Same company but TMobile doesn't offer the iPhone in the USA so u will have to unlock it first in order to use the TMobile sim card.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Re: Iphone 4 tmobile usa

Quote Originally Posted by orsicat View Post
    Hey!!
    You need to unlock your mobile inorder to use it with T-Mobile,USA.Eventhough T-mobile is the same company it operates different in each country.You can avail the unlocking service if you contact the Europe T-Mobile network or you can avail the remote unlocking service from online vendor like and follow their free unlocking instructions to remove the network lock.