Results 1 to 2 of 2
- iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Can't Unlock or Activate iPhone 4
I was recently given my sis-in-law's iPhone 4. The catch is that I have to unlock it to use with Vodafone - easy enough right?
I went into that provider's store and they said iPhones have a unique procedure & have to be unlocked over the phone (they gave me a support number) - they wouldn't even look at the device.
So I called the mob from home who said they need an IMEI number & go into settings to get it. The problem is that I can't get into the OS of the phone - it wants to activate and will only do so with a SIM card from 'the correct provider'. The support person simply said that Ït shouldn't do that, so was no real help. So it seems I can't unlock the phone without the IMEI, but can't get the IMEI without unlocking the phone to activate it.
I even tried connecting to iTunes and doing it that way - same thing. It offered to try recovery mode so I did this (and it updated), but returned to the same error:
This iPhone is not currently setup to work with carrier you're attempting to use. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked.""
If I take the SIM out, it gives a similar error and requests a SIM be inserted to activate.
Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do from here?
- By Sophian in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-24-2012, 02:06 AM
- By stickies in forum iPhone 4Replies: 11Last Post: 12-23-2011, 07:36 AM
- By mwg3c in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 6Last Post: 09-10-2009, 11:52 PM
- By BasementEggplant in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
- By nme_uk in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-24-2008, 09:57 AM