Bought iPhone with bad ESN

Inapickle

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I know I know, Im an idiot for not checking before buying it but I deserve it for not researching on what to do when buying a phone off another person. My question is, if Verizon says that the esn number is still activated under an account is there any way they could figure out whos account its under and if they could contact the person? Or can Verizon give out information like if the esn number is active as lost or stolen or if the person didnt pay the bills on it? Im at a loss for words right now at what to do about my big mistake...

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
They will not give you information on the account holder.

The phone was most likely reported stolen. It's a nice iPod touch now I'm afraid. I know of no way around an ESN lockout.

Call them to see if you have any options, but I would not be surprised if there are none.

Inapickle

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
They will not give you information on the account holder.

The phone was most likely reported stolen. It's a nice iPod touch now I'm afraid. I know of no way around an ESN lockout.

Call them to see if you have any options, but I would not be surprised if there are none.

The phone is still under Apple's 1 year warranty. Do you think I could possibly send it in saying such and such is wrong with the phone and them send me out a refurbished one?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR