Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alli
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    10,551 Global Posts

Exclamation I NEED HELP Keep saying no services, SIM Failure and at the top invalid sim I need HELP

Hi all

I need help I have tried everything went to apple support page did all the steps still say no services and invalid sim.

On the general > about > it say Network Not available and the same for Carrier Not Available.

This is for a GIFFGAFF SIM previous owner said unlock put had a vodafone signal on it.

I also manually inputted the giffgaff apn that seem not to work but then I check I needed internet connection but I have reseted and I can't found the option it has before when I manully put in the apn for giffgaff and that how it now has no carrier or network.

All help welcome and do you think it still lock to the previous carrier (vodafone)

ps it does not show any carrier now.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: I NEED HELP Keep saying no services, SIM Failure and at the top invalid sim I need HELP

Sounds like it's still sim locked. Try putting in a Vodaphone sim and see if it registers.

It won't show a carrier if it doesn't have a readable sim in.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY (12-31-2012)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    10,551 Global Posts

Default Re: I NEED HELP Keep saying no services, SIM Failure and at the top invalid sim I need HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Sounds like it's still sim locked. Try putting in a Vodaphone sim and see if it registers.

It won't show a carrier if it doesn't have a readable sim in.
    Thanks when to o2 to sort the problem they tried and then brought out a vodafone sim they had spare to see if it work and yes it lock to vodafone not very happy going to try to send it back and get a refund got off ebay said unlock so I take that as wrongful advertisement.

Went to vodafone said I have to ring apple and pay 30 that why I'm going to try and send it back to much money went in for buying it

I'm not happy spent a full week trying to found out what was wrong.