HELP: Nephew Cant Remember his PIN

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My nephew changed his PIN after this older brothers kept messing with his settings. Now, he can't remember his PIN. This was 6 months ago.

Him mom has tried everything she can find online but nothing has worked.

I'll be seeing him soon and hopefully some helpful folks on here will give me a few tips to use to get this working.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
PIN for what? If you're referring to the passcode to unlock his device or to access and/or disable restrictions, etcetera, your nephew is going to have to reset his device.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
His mom, my sister. says that she has put it in DFU mode and tried to reset it but it goes to a point where it asks for the PIN and since she does not know it, it will not continue.

But it sounds like it is possible though? Maybe she isn't following the right steps.

It's hard for me to know not being there but I'll have limited internet access when around the phone so I want to do as much research as I can before I get there.

Thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
His mom, my sister. says that she has put it in DFU mode and tried to reset it but it goes to a point where it asks for the PIN and since she does not know it, it will not continue.

But it sounds like it is possible though? Maybe she isn't following the right steps.

It's hard for me to know not being there but I'll have limited internet access when around the phone so I want to do as much research as I can before I get there.

Thanks.

Then they did dfu mode wrong

Try this turn it off then hold home button down while pluging into computer iTunes will detect recover mode and just restore it

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Then they did dfu mode wrong

Try this turn it off then hold home button down while pluging into computer iTunes will detect recover mode and just restore it

Thanks for the help. I'll send her to this thread and try to help her over the phone prior to arriving.

Thanks all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative