Speaker/Mic Issue

Jeff Kinslow

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 4 is about over 1.5 years old and had never had an issue with it, until recently. This past Friday my wife calls me and I answer and put on speaker phone so I can change my sons diaper. But she is not able to hear my, so I switch to back to regular and hold the phone to my ear and everything is fine. So then last night I go to take a video of our son taking his first stpes and it is barely recording the sounds. When I play it back at sull volume (with the vibrate button off) I can barely hear what was being said/backround noise. So I test it out a few more times and same issue, getting a static type of sound when I play back video.

I threw on pandora radio to see if that would work, and I did flawlessly.

I have insurance through Verizon, but was wondering if I brought it to Apple store do you think they will take a look at it/repair it for me (for free)??

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple's warranty is 1 year. Apple's Genius Bar may offer a replacement option, but it won't be free... the Verizon insurance has a deductible as well - go with the least expensive option.

Jeff Kinslow

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Apple's warranty is 1 year. Apple's Genius Bar may offer a replacement option, but it won't be free... the Verizon insurance has a deductible as well - go with the least expensive option.

Thanks for the reply. Will call the Genius Bar and see what they have to say. I am about 1 month away from my upgrade, and was trying to avoid putting out any monry for this one - but oh well.

Jeff Kinslow

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Brought my iPhone to the Apple Store to have them look at it and they were able to solve the issue quickly and for free! The noise cancellation mic at the top of the phone (next to the headphone jack) was clogged up and cause sound recording issues. She cleaned it out and it is as good as new!!

GondarBH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My speaker to me whenever I played music using speaker with full volume after 2 years the sound is too scratchy so my advise use headphone. ^_^

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711