Results 1 to 9 of 9
- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
at&t iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 without data plan?
i'm a newbie so i apologize in advance
i have an at&t iphone 4 handed down from a friend
i currently use a "dumb" phone with only voice plan from at&t as well
my friend told me that if i install my sim card into the iphone, at&t can detect i'm using an iphone and will charge me for data usage even with data option disabled
i read some blogs and users seem to confirm this but with no solutions
is there a workaround?
what about changing the APN on iOS 6.0.1? VPN?
if so, how do you change it?
jailbreaking/unlocking required? any cydia apps?
any advice would be appreciated
- 11-10-2012, 07:54 PM #2
- 12-09-2012, 08:57 AM #3
- 12-09-2012, 09:10 AM #4
- 12-09-2012, 12:33 PM #5
- 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM #6iPhone Beginner
- 86 Posts
- iOS Version
Re: at&t iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 without data plan?
As stated before, any smart phone has to have data service. The only reason the the OG iPhone does not require one is because it is a legacy device i.e. 2G. Any Smartphone that uses 3G and up is required to have a data plan. You can throw a SIM into the iPhone 4 and it will work fine for a little while with no data, but once AT&T's servers catch wind that the device is without data, it will automatically be added on for you whether you ask for it or not.
- 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM #7
- 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM #8
- 2,741 Posts
- iOS Version
- 12-12-2012, 06:48 PM #9
- By App13s33d in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 13Last Post: 04-22-2013, 01:25 PM
- By smileyboy in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-2012, 12:45 PM
- By JBish in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 39Last Post: 12-18-2011, 09:14 AM
- By atomicwave in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 07-05-2009, 03:02 AM
- By Tangokim in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-01-2009, 10:57 PM