Anyone waiting for "iPhone 5s"?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone waiting for "iPhone 5S"?

I just reactivated my iphone 4 to get back on verizon. i prolly won't be able to drop the cash for a 5 til the spring, but by that time is it worth locking myself into a 2 year contract if an even newer iphone is going to come out in a few months?

I know there probably won't be huge changes between the 5 and whatever is next, but the differences between the 4 and 4S were big as far as integrating siri and things like that.

Anyone holding out for the even newer iphone?

lafountain

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone waiting for "iPhone 5S"?

While I am not an iphone user, I have 2 friends that have gone with version 2 of the next gen each time. iPhone 3gs, 4s, 5whatever it will be called, they have been quite happy. No matter what in the world of mobile phones, if you wait for what you want, the next better thing will be just around the corner. While there are plenty who get ever version of the iPhone, there is no shame in getting every other version.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I think upgrading is a decision that can be made by what you use your phone for. If you're someone who uses their phone more than the average user, every-other-year is pretty reasonable. If like my sister you only use your phone for the minimal, I don't see every two-plus years being a big deal.

Apple doesn't change that much year to year via iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 and I just bought the 5. I won't buy another until after the 5S or 5-whatever is next.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I upgrade every year :). Kind of fun that way and the most I spend is 50-100$

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

Nope sir not me. I only like getting the iphones with genuine numbers 3,4,5 etc so as soon as i get everything in order i will be getting the 5 regardless of what the next generation comes with. I just hope they dont starting changing the iphone like the ipad line just calling it the " New Iphone"

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Hey brah..I'm still curious how you afford your devices? Or perhaps, how you're allowed to upgrade every year.

I usually sell the phone prior to the next phone announcement. I then take the early discount upgrade that AT&T offers which is $450 for a 16gb. So if I sold my phone for 350-400, I'm only spending 50-100 on the new phone. Sometimes I get lucky and get more. This year I got lucky and got my 5 for free :) and made money. AT&T gave me $250 worth of account credit so that left my upgrade price of $200. Gave the wife the 4s and sold her Iphone 4 for $270 on eBay. So I made $70 :). There are ways to upgrade every year :).

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

I guess you could say I am waiting. Waiting for them to jailbreak it first... ;)

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

I've still got 15 months attached to my current Plan / iPhone 4 and have seen no compelling reason to get new Apple hardware before then - which means, by my calculations, I'd be looking at few months old iPhone 6 (or 6s) at that stage. And given some experimental handling of a 5, I'm a little concerned (given my ham-fisted ways) that the phones are getting too narrow, too light for the devices to be properly handled and viewed. I'm not sure I want an iPhone Nano (or Shuffle), if that's what the 6 may bring!

Meanwhile, Apple has got to stop foisting half-baked, Beta software - embedded into its iOS - onto users, and fix / improve the original stuff that was already there. If Apple wants users to fix their messes or try Beta software, they need to make those apps user-downloadable from the App Store. The greater hassle it may be to swap mobile OS, but if Apple has lost its way...?

Last edited:

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Well since I got my 4s in April i still have some time on my contract before I get to upgrade. But when Its up, I will be getting the 5s.

Tapatalking

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Well, take this with a grain of salt: For those of you waiting for the 5S, I'm seeing a few reports in the blogs this morn that it's already being started and could be an early 2013release. Anyone who reads Flipboard, Pulse etc. will see these articles there as well.

Rumored for now....any truth to it? It's a wait and see thing:)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Well, take this with a grain of salt: For those of you waiting for the 5S, I'm seeing a few reports in the blogs this morn that it's already being started and could be an early 2013release. Anyone who reads Flipboard, Pulse etc. will see these articles there as well.

Rumored for now....any truth to it? It's a wait and see thing:)

Yeah I just read that article on flipboard too. I can see them actually doing that. They are suppose to start production in December.

Tapatalking

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods