Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

19 Posts

Default losing cellular signal

I have a jailbroken iphone 4 with ios 5.1.1. I broken the screen this spring and got a replacement. I installed the new screen myself. I was having trouble getting a signal after that until I realized the speaker and antenna assembly wasn't installed correctly. I fixed that and it worked great for a few months. Recently I have been losing signal everyday. The only remedy to fix the problem I have discovered is to take the back off the phone. Then I take the screw out that holds the battery and disconnect the battery and remove it. I then just put the battery back in and put the back back on the phone and I get a signal for about a day and then it just goes away again and I have to repeat the process to get a signal back. I have no idea why this is happening or why what I do fixes it. Anybody have any ideas and if you need more info just ask.

iMore Beginner

86 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

Default Re: losing cellular signal

Best recommendation, is to tear down the phone and rebuild it again and see if there's something missing or that you may have missed a step or forget to connect anything. Look for a video on YouTube to cross-reference.

Default losing cellular signal

Check the antenna next to the battery connecter I had a 4 once the circle connector on the board bent a little and it caused issues .. I bent it back out so the antenna made a full connection and I made sure it snapped in place ..

Also make sure up near the camera the grounding points are in place because it could be grounding out