bluetooth sync trouble w/ pioneer car stereo

atchmaster

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 that communicates w/ my pioneer AVH-p4400bh deck in my truck via bluetooth to play music & send/receive phone calls. It worked flawlessly running the old ios5 where it would connect after starting the truck & start playing music where it left off if I have the bluetooth audio source selected & could be controlled via the deck buttons or steering wheel control. Since I updated to ios6 it still connects to the phone function via bluetooth but the audio only works if I start the music on my phone itself & cannot control it through the deck or steering wheel controls. Anyone know of a fix or had this problem?

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Since you updated to iOS6, the Pioneer unit is not familiar with the workings of the new OS via Bluetooth. So as of now, you are stuck unless Pioneer itself pushes out firmware update like it does for its Navi units. If all else, buy the CD-IU201V iPod/iPhone cable to control your phone from your unit.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This can't be true...
Ios6 didn't change hardware inside his phone.... It's still the same Bluetooth radio inside the phones sending info to the receivers... If the software update was the problem this would've happened on every device that receives updates... Meaning Bluetooth receivers would go obsolete every month!!!
Does the Bluetooth audio only gave that glitch for certain applications? Or all of them??
Like does it not work the way it should with pandora? But it works fine with music app? It vice versa?

Are there new settings in ios6 for battery life that resists automatically pausing and unpausing in certain situations?
Have you tried rebooting?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This can't be true...
Ios6 didn't change hardware inside his phone.... It's still the same Bluetooth radio inside the phones sending info to the receivers... If the software update was the problem this would've happened on every device that receives updates... Meaning Bluetooth receivers would go obsolete every month!!!
Does the Bluetooth audio only gave that glitch for certain applications? Or all of them??
Like does it not work the way it should with pandora? But it works fine with music app? It vice versa?

Are there new settings in ios6 for battery life that resists automatically pausing and unpausing in certain situations?
Have you tried rebooting?

I see your point but I use the standard music app and pandora ...my music plays like normal when I press play on my phone .. Like it should

Before when Bluetooth connected to my phone music would play where is left off when I turned car off .. From previous use unless I killed the app or stopped it on the phone
Also I could skip songs via the radio without touching my phone ..

This no longer works after iOS 6

So yes the hardware didn't change but the command to change songs or whatever did so the phone doesn't know what command the radio is talking about

I first noticed when my wife started complaining I thought she messed with a setting on the radio checked there is none .. so I tried my phone ... Both a no go even my 5 same story .. Wife has a 4
Only thing that changed was updating to iOS 6 ..

I have a 4 with 5.1.1 still ill test it and report back

atchmaster

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted phone & checked that there wasn't a battery function limiting auto detect/play of music . . . still no function. Pandora the same, you have to start the music (either one) on the phone & control it on the phone. I have the cable to connect phone to deck & that works w/ all functions through stereo & steering wheel when on "iPod" source. Im just in & out of the truck a lot & plugging/unplugging often would be great to avoid.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's pioneer software iOS 6 changed something
Pioneer released firmware updates to fix the issue

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
They are starting to push updates all across the board and introducing an new lightning based ipod cable for Pioneer units. Be on the lookout for anyone who is planning to update to an iPhone 5 or already have one

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They are starting to push updates all across the board and introducing an new lightning based ipod cable for Pioneer units. Be on the lookout for anyone who is planning to update to an iPhone 5 or already have one

Us is not released but I installed the uk update fine

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

sgroh1

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here - performance was flawless (and fingerless) until I "upgraded" to 6.1.3. It no longer plays music automatically when I get in the truck; I cannot scroll to the next (or previous) song by hitting the forward and back arrows on the lower right of the Pioneer screen, the remote also does not trigger the forward and back playback option as it used to, and it does not display any tracking information (song title, artist, album name, etc). I became very used to this.

Very disappointing. :(

However, when plugged directly into the unit via cable, and used as an iPod, all of the these functions do work. At least I have that left.:sarcastic:

Would very much like a firmware upgrade from Pioneer for this.

Rick Espejo

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes i too have went from an older iPhone 4 but upgraded and lost all the car stereo functions but soon my screen broke so i just sacrificed and bought an iPhone 6 plus now i can't hear a thing, no wireless signal, nothing. but thanks i'll try the hardwire.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2