Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts

Default Ready to upgrade to iOS6 from 4.2.10 (VZW)...

Here is my quandry. I have a 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 still running iOS 4.2.10 because I was too afraid to upgrade to iOS 5 for fear of losing my media. As such, I have not been able to set up iCloud because it requires you to have iOS 5 and above for that. I will likely be getting an iPhone 5, but am worried that without first backing my contacts/media/apps up in the cloud, I may be in for a rude awakening with the new phone.

My question is this: what is the best way for me to upgrade to iOS 6 (I know nothing of the different methods...clean install, etc.) without losing everything? Again, I can't back up to the cloud, but before the cloud, I'm sure people didn't just lose all of their media when they upgraded. Everytime I plug my phone in to iTunes to sync on my laptop, it does a backup, so is that sufficient? Am I screwed? Any help is appreciated.

Default Ready to upgrade to iOS6 from 4.2.10 (VZW)...

Just right click phone in iTunes and click back up then click update once done it will restore if not just right click your phone again and press restore from backup and select you most recent backup file