Hard or not - replacing a home button

gskgee

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm iPhone 4 home button is not working very well. After viewing a video on replacing it on ifixit, I'm considering trying to replace it myself. Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your skill level and patience. The small screws are a pita to deal with. Male sure you read ally's ninja post on replacing it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If your going to do all that do a color swap too lol .. The small screws with washers don't have to be fully taken out just turn them about half a turn

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your skill level and patience. The small screws are a pita to deal with. Male sure you read ally's ninja post on replacing it.

Yep. If you've never worked on an iphone before you should be aware that there are many delicate components you'll be in direct contact with before you even get to the home button. You could end up with a lot more problems than your home button giving you trouble now and then. That being said, Ally's guide is a great step by step walkthrough, and it should only cost about $5 to fix

leokperez

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
gskgee check out youtube there are many tutorials there on how to replace the screen along with the home button that's pretty much what I used to do my screen and home button.

hint: make sure you keep track where you took all the screws off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro