Any idea where this goes?

brokeniphone

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I did - I watched three; the first one when I was disassembling it, and it didn't mention it, that's why I missed it. I watched two more -- they were 10 minutes each. Didn't spot it.

I have an 8.75 month pregnant wife; I'm working two jobs; a three year old to take care...and a broken phone (see pregnant wife).

If anyone knows the answer, please just share. I understand the "I'll type more words to get you to search for yourself rather than less words and give you answer" game -- at this point, I just need the answer.

Anyone got it? :)

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive watched a few videos on replacing the screen, and if Im not mistaken that is supposed to be assembled with one of the top screws that hold the logic board (circuit board on left side) down. I beleive it is the one to the inside, just where the board makes upside down "L" on top.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the signal extender clip that makes contact with the back of the case to improve signal. This is for the AT&T iPhone 4 only, and it resides next to the battery just under the battery contact, and the screw that holds the battery down also passes through the loop on the clip in question.

Not having this clip isn't the end of the world, but it definitely helps boost signal.

brokeniphone

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so 2 out of 3 iphone screen repairs went perfectly. The third...the screen isn't working right. There are a few dead spots. So either...what? Defective screen? I damaged the ribbon cable?

I was SUPER careful with the cable. Is there a third option? Maybe the connector isn't seated properly. Before I go in to check, are there any good ideas for possible fixes anyone has that doesn't involve a new screen?

Thanks in advance (and for the prior).

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so 2 out of 3 iphone screen repairs went perfectly. The third...the screen isn't working right. There are a few dead spots. So either...what? Defective screen? I damaged the ribbon cable?

I was SUPER careful with the cable. Is there a third option? Maybe the connector isn't seated properly. Before I go in to check, are there any good ideas for possible fixes anyone has that doesn't involve a new screen?

Thanks in advance (and for the prior).

Sometimes you get a screen that has a dead spot in the digitizer, not every screen is perfect. It looks like you may have a defective screen. You can back up and restore that works a small percentage of the time, and I would double check the connections too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen