Naked iPhones?

norulesjustgo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so recently being in NYC for a family emergency, I've noticed that A LOT of people have naked iPhones. Like no screen protector, no case, NOTHING.

I don't know about y'all but I'm very clumsy, (I've already dropped my iPhone like 6 times, with the case on - no damage thank the stars!), but do any of you let your iPhone run around naked? How many close calls have you had?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only time my iPhone is without a case is when I'm in the process of switching cases, which is usually about a minute.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any case or screen cover for my iPhone 4S and it still looks as new as it did when I bought it back in October.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it's funny, it seems like the people who use a case end up dropping their phones. almost like they know they are a clumsy to start off/

izzyardo

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm too scared to leave it naked. I'm far too clumsy. Right now I'm using the iskin aura, which is about as close to naked as I'll let it get.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a screen protector and several cases which I switch around depending on mood.
Learned my lesson with my 3GS, which had one huge scratch on the screen from using it with no screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekhinator

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I rarely drop my iPhone. But it only took one drop for it to chip. I occasionally put a case on it but sometimes I don't even bother.

GreenBerry84

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got a screen protector and all round case, I want to get an official bumper but if I did I'd have to get a screen protector for the back cos I don't want to scratch it more than it already is (it's pre-owned so not scratch free unfortunately).

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the physicians I see at work let their iPhones parade around in their nudage but I'm not nearly as daring. I'm glad they make half a million dollars a year or more and can fork over $800 for a new phone, but I can't. Not worth the risk.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps the apple care + policy that returned a little over a year ago (best I recall) allows many to feel safe doing this. I have apple care + and use a bumper currently

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
.. If you think you are going to drop your phone then you will

i've had my 4S since the beginning of the year and not dropped it once, you know why? because i do not worry about it. crazy, i know!

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I could never put a case on this beauty. Part of having this phone is to see the amazing design. I've never had a case on any of my phones, never will.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have seen many people rock the iPhone without a case on it. Personally, I can't do it. I need to have something on it at all times. I know some people don't care because they have insurance, but it's not just about the phone being repaired, lost, or stolen. I want it to be in good cosmetic condition. I usually get a new phone every year, and I would like to get top dollar for my device. So if I put a case on it to keep it from being scratched up, I will get more money for it which will go toward my new iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I rarely use a case anymore. I only use one when I'm at work, and sometimes when I'm on campus.
Other than that, I let it run free; the design is too good to cover up, and it really feels quite nice in my hand.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I rarely use a case anymore. I only use one when I'm at work, and sometimes when I'm on campus.
Other than that, I let it run free; the design is too good to cover up, and it really feels quite nice in my hand.

Does it get scratches?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD