Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Looking for a password keeper/manager

Hello all,

I recently switched from a BB to an iP4 and am looking for an app that is similar to the password keeper in BB.

I don't need lots, but mainly just to be able to enter my info and ideally something that I can restore and backup in case I need it. I have PWs that contain letters and numbers, so I need an app that is not restricted to just one.

While looking around online, I saw the following:

mSecure
    datavault
    eWallet
    SplashID
    1Password

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks a lot!
    Thanked by:
    anonpandorasale (08-11-2012), brunok8 (11-07-2012), decalderonnorm (08-11-2012), drandresage (08-11-2012)
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I use MiniKeyPass it's compatible with Keypass which I have used on my PC for years.

John.woody
    Thanked by:
    anonpandorasale (08-11-2012), decalderonnorm (08-11-2012), drandresage (08-11-2012)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

I use Keeper...free and easy to use!
    Thanked by:
    anonpandorasale (08-11-2012), decalderonnorm (08-11-2012), drandresage (08-11-2012)
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use 1password.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    Twitter: @vietalogy
    Thanked by:
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by grkmnl View Post
    Hello all,

I recently switched from a BB to an iP4 and am looking for an app that is similar to the password keeper in BB.

I don't need lots, but mainly just to be able to enter my info and ideally something that I can restore and backup in case I need it. I have PWs that contain letters and numbers, so I need an app that is not restricted to just one.

mSecure
    datavault
    eWallet
    SplashID
    1Password

Thanks a lot!
    I use Lastpass.

I also have it on my PC and I can keep all my passwords in sync on whatever device I'm using.

https://lastpass.com/features_free.php
    Thanked by:
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,789 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use a app called quick password manager. Its pretty good but you can't go wrong with any of the ones mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    Thanked by:
    iPhone Intermediate

Steve Gibson of GRC fame uses lastpass.. So that is the one I use.
    Thanked by:
    iMoose likes this.
    iMore Pro

1password

Keeps them in sync across, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and PC - and they are available from a web link as well.
    Thanked by:
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

DataVault. You can sync automagically via iCloud between all you iOS devices, and sync via WiFi to your PC, Mac, and also sync Blackberry and Android.

And I guarantee the service is better with DataVault than any of the competing products. As a matter of fact, if you have any problems, you can just pm me right here in the forums!
    Thanked by:
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

I use Roboform.
    Thanked by:
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

I too switched from BB to iP4. I used DataVault on BB and continue to use it on iP4 along with the Windows desktop version. It works great for me.
    Alli likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Default Looking for a password

I recommend 1 password. I use this app everyday and for almost every site I visit.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I use passdrop on iOS which has built in Dropbox sync that syncs to keypassX on my Mac. Best combo I have found for the money. Used to use minikeepass until Dropbox changed the way syncing and overwriting worked in the app and refuse to change it back. My 2 ymmv of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

I use SPB SafeWallet. It's inexpensive, automatically syncs to Dropbox, syncs across devices and platforms. Highly recommended!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

i have always liked msecure. used it on android when i had it and now on the iphone 4s. its 11$ but well worth it. it backs up and stores in drop box also. its worth the $$. the support and devs are good people. i have talked to them personally when had an issues that i couldnt figure out. by personally i mean they called me.
    iPhone Nanite

I user 1Password on all devices. iPhone, iPad, iMac, MBP and on my WindowsPc (I know, I have to )

But there is a service called "LastPass****" - its 1 Dollar per Month and everyone says its good and safe and secure. Works on all devices and all operating systems. A lot more than 1Password supports.

And if you just want to test it out, a LastPass 12 Month is still a third of the 1Password price.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

I use KyPass on the IPhone, which is compatible with keepass on the PC, Mac, and Linux. Then I use Dropbox to keep the file synced. Works very well.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by grkmnl View Post
    Hello all,

mSecure
    datavault
    eWallet
    SplashID
    1Password

Thanks a lot!
    May I suggest to try Ultimate Password Manager? I'm the developer of this ! Thanks!

Connecting to the iTunes Store.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    2,781 Global Posts

Another vote for Lastpass. Very useful.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use eWallet. iOS as a Universal App, and syncs to eWallet on your desktop PC or Mac.
    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
    Double ROT-13 encrypted for your protection
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I use Lastpass on my desktop. It is not an answer to storing my non-web related information like bank account numbers, credit card details, frequent flyer numbers, and insurance info.
    iPhone Nanite

I use Lastpass. I am unhappy with it because it does not work with Apps. I do like it somewhat since it works with Windows and iPhone. I would like one that works with Windows, iPhone and Apps.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by phirsch View Post
    I use Lastpass. I am unhappy with it because it does not work with Apps. I do like it somewhat since it works with Windows and iPhone. I would like one that works with Windows, iPhone and Apps.
    No app will work with apps yet. Apple won't allow it.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I use 1password on MBP, iPhone and iPad. Along with Dropbox they are my first two go to apps
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jf7fsu View Post
    I use Roboform.
    So do I, found it to be superior to others I have tried.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast