Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Help! Weird iPhone 4 screen!

My iPhone 4 screen suddenly went like this. The screen still unlocks though. I didn't do anything, it just went like this for some weird reason. This is the second time this happened. The first time it happened, it just fixed itself after around 30 minutes. I already restored this and set it up as a new phone. I also tried holding down the lock button and the home button, but nothing seems to work. How do I fix this?

Here's the pic of the screen:
    iMore Intermediate

229 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,135 Global Posts

The LCD has gone bad. Could be defective controller, cable or a number of other things.
    Try to reset your device, if that doesnt work probably needs to be replaced.
    Is it an OEM Apple or have you had it replaced recently at a repair shop?
    iMore Newbie

13 Posts

Yep, the LCD as failed or is in the process of failing. I replaced my iPhone 4 screen with a cheap chinese copy from ebay and it lasted about a month. I then looked high and low for an OEM Apple screen LCD display part and found one at iPhoneFixed website Original iPhone 4 Glass Screen Digitiser and LCD Replacement. I emailed them to make sure that it is original equipment and they sent me a fact sheet I will attach it to this post if I canAttachment 17943. Anyway, I have had this part fitted on my iPhone for about 6 months with no issues. It also has the ole phobic coating on the glass. The old saying, "you get what you pay for" is so true when it comes to iPhone screens.
    iPhone Beginner

66 Posts

My iphone just like yours after dropped one time, after replacing the front screen everything goes fine again, ordered the screen from yoyobase.com and repaired it myself, just costs $34 ..