Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    JP0081's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    1 Posts

    Default Best option for replacement

    I'm new here, so I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

    Someone spilled wated on my iphone 4 (I only had it for 4 months!). Now, my phone won't alert when I get text messages, sometimes it won't ring, etc. In short, I already took it to the Apple store, and they said they would replace it for $149. My question is, should I just get a new 4, upgrade to the 4s (think that is $200), or wait for the 5? WIll I even be eligible to upgrade to the 5, or will I have to pay full price (I just renewed my contract so no discount available there)? I was only thinking of going to the 4s because I hear it's faster, but other than that, I probably don't even use my 4 to the fullest potential.

    I guess the real question is, will Apple even give me the opportunity to replace my 4 with a 5 for a little extra?
  2. #2  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    2,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,875 Global Posts


    No they will not give you that option.

    Your only option really is to take the 4 they are offering at $150. If you want the 4S that will cost $650 since you already used your upgrade recently.
  3. #3  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    5,518 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,446 Global Posts


    Agreed. They will not give you that option.
  4. #4  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts


    Which wireless carrier do you use? If you have AT&T, they allow a partail subcity of $250 + the 2 year commitment price 6 months into your current contract. If it were me, though, I would probably take Apple up on their offer to replace your iPhone 4 at $149.

Posting Permissions