Weird deal with iPhone on wifi...

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have my Verizon iPhone 4 that I use on wifi at the house, usually while my other phone charges.

The weird thing is that the wifi is turned off until until I am ready to use it. But when I turn on the wifi email and game notifications that I have already dealt with thru my other phone still come thru to the iPhone. I mean, I want it set to give me notifications for when I use it, but I don't see why they still come thru hours after the emails and game moves have been played.

Just curious as to why they keep coming thru.

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your email or game stuff is pushed to your devices then you are going to be notified on both devices. However, depending on how your email is configured, you can prevent read messages via one device from being displayed as unread on your other one. I'm not sure about games. When I played Words with Friends, I would get notifications via my iPhone and iPad (obviously, I had the game installed on both) but even of I solved the word and sent the next set of scrambled letters, my second device would still display the previous notification. It's been a while since I last played because the in-your-face ads drove me crazy.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh