auto upoalding pics?

bear_lx

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
i see how to auto upload pics using photo stream, but i dont really use icloud. is there a way to get photos to auto upload to skydrive? if not skydrive can i get them to auto upload to any cloud storage other than icloud?

and for those of you familiar with cloud storage, what is your favorite? i have petrosnally used google drive, dropbox, and skydirve.

google drive is nice with a pc because if its integration, but its file management is poor. i dont like the fact that when i am searching for a pic in a particular folder, i have to sift through file names. i would prefer to see a tile pic so i know which one i want to open.

dropbox is also very nice, but 3 gb of free data doesnt cut it, period.

icloud i dont have much experience with, but being that my iphone is my only apple device as of right now, it doesnt make sense to use it yet.

skydrive works perfect for what i do, but i just wish there was a way to get my pics on my iphone to auto upload to it. and 25gb of free storage is hard to compete with...

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you. Was getting annoyed looking for apps that would auto upload. I use dropbox(free) and have 7GB available. It does a decent job. Only downside for me is you have to be on wifi.

I also tried sugar sync but it constantly crashed and if you have a ton of pix then it's a pain because you have to manually select them.

Skydive is decent but no auto upload. I have 25gb of free storage and it's only $10 a year to add another 20Gb but it's the same upload style as sugar sync.

The best working service for me so far is photobucket. It's free, has an auto upload feature and it's easy to share. The downside is I have noticed that with videos the upload fails a lot.

One huge benefit to all servers is that you can upload from your desktop. So it may be easier to copy the pix from your phone to your computer and then upload to the web site.

Hope that helps. :)

bear_lx

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks!!

how much space does photobucket give you for free? i wont pay for cloud storage only because i have 25 gb free from skydrive...

i think i might just try out icloud. eventually i plan to have an apple ecosystem anyway. im done with microsoft. not that they are that bad, i am just tired of inconsistant hardware. part of the reason people have so many issues with MS is the hardware, which they dont control. at least with an apple i know what i am getting.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You get 10GB of bandwidth per month on the free account. I think it works off of bandwidth used on the free account. I upgraded to the pro and I am able to upload hi res images, unlimited bandwidth and tech support. I think I paid 40$ for 2 years. Good luck with your choice

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the paid drop box and love it. I know it sucks to pay but eventually if it makes life easier to me it's worth it.

iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods