Proximity sensor issues

madmom

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Got new otterbox case yesterday for my white iPhone 4, hoping I wouldn't have issues like I did with another cheaper brand. But, it started again! I've installed a call lock application but still have some issues. Any hints, tips or fixes? I really love this case, so I hate to give it up, but if anyone knows of any alterations I can make in this otterbox in order to keep it or can recommend a protective case that won't cause these issues, please let me know. Thanks!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's a problem with the iPhone proximity sensor. I have several friends who have issues with call locking. All of them
On the iPhone 4. Haven't heard any issues on the 4S.

Reactions: madmom

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you by a case for the 4 or the 4s? The prox sensor on the 4s was moved too and the opening near the earpiece is bigger, so you may want to try a 4s case to see if that helps. I'm able to use both a 4 case and a 4s case without any problems, but I believe that was only an issue on the white iPhones.

tzu1978

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
g.gif
Did you by a case for the 4 or the 4s?

madmom

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
prox sensor issues

I am using the otterbox for the 4. Are you guys saying that a 4S cover would be compatible, too, and might solve my problems? If so, I am sure willing to try.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I am using the otterbox for the 4. Are you guys saying that a 4S cover would be compatible, too, and might solve my problems? If so, I am sure willing to try.

I would try the 4S Otterbox. Everyone I know that had issues fixed them with the new case. It's a much better design that that of the 4.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Got new otterbox case yesterday for my white iPhone 4, hoping I wouldn't have issues like I did with another cheaper brand. But, it started again! I've installed a call lock application but still have some issues. Any hints, tips or fixes? I really love this case, so I hate to give it up, but if anyone knows of any alterations I can make in this otterbox in order to keep it or can recommend a protective case that won't cause these issues, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am now using a 4S otterbox with NO further problems Yay!

Sorry I did not see this earlier! :eek: I am glad you got it fixed though!

I had a LOT of probs wit the Prox Sens. on my iP4 and the OBD. in particular the White Plastic shell OBD.For some reason the Black plastic shell never gave me any problems. Only the white one. Here is the DIY that I came up with:

(NOTE: This is what I did to MY Defender. I do not recommend it. I just know that it worked for me. Proceed at your own risk.):rolleyes:

I took the OBD plastic part apart. I took the front part (the one with the screen protector) and I GENTLY cut out the screen protector from the Prox. Sens. area. I did this with an exacto knife. I then took a Black Permanent marker and "blacked out" the inside area of the plastic shell around the PS. I then GENTLY "scaped" the face of the plastic shell to remove any that I got on the face of the plastic shell.

Below is a Pic of what I did. Not the best pic but you get the idea. ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The black iPhone 4 does have proximity sensor issues. It was fixed for the white iPhone 4 and all 4S's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2