iPhone 4 lens fog/clicking noise

VZWiP4

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
A few minutes ago I picked my iPhone up and noticed the lens was covered in fog! The camera also clicks while focusing. Do you think a bag of rice will help?

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You could try a bag of rice to see if it helps dry up the moisture. Sounds like you got nothing to lose at this point since it sounds like it may be affecting the camera. Could mean a replacement may soomn be the answer.

Why are iPhones not built for humidity. I had to replace one when I went to Florida because my home button went and they said a slight bit of humidity could've done this. OF COURSE IT"S HUMID..IT"S FLORIDA!...How does one control the possibility of some form of condensation sneakimg thru the earplug hole or any of the other orifices on the iPhone?....This seems like a major flaw with these iPhones and should be addressed. While I think the iPhone is a great device, the fact that it can't handle a little humidity is a major issue and should be dealt with.

Just curious..For those who live in tropical weather locations, is this a common problem with the iPhones or was my experience just a fluke?

Last edited: