Is the 4S worth it

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have both around and the 4s is a better, faster phone and has siri. I would say it is worth the extra.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So Best Buy has the iPhone 4 for 49.99 and the 4S for 199.99. Simple question, is it worth 150 more to get the 4S?

After having used the 4S for 8 months and occasionally dabble on my daughter's iPhone 4, I can say that the extra $150 for the former is worth it. Having said that, the next iPhone is rumored to be introduced in about 4 months. Are you able to wait to see its design and specs?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely it is worth it. You'll think so too if you get the 4S once you see that you got all of the features that come with iOS 6 while the iPhone 4 might get a limited amount. If you have the extra $150 there is no point in buying a older device.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So Best Buy has the iPhone 4 for 49.99 and the 4S for 199.99. Simple question, is it worth 150 more to get the 4S?

IMHO if you already have an iPhone 4 then it's not worth it and save your upgrade. If you don't or are getting an iPhone for someone for the first time (or upgrading from 3G or 3GS) then get the 4S.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
IMHO if you already have an iPhone 4 then it's not worth it and save your upgrade. If you don't or are getting an iPhone for someone for the first time (or upgrading from 3G or 3GS) then get the 4S.

That is exactly how I felt prior to and for a time after I purchased the 4S, but now after having used it for 8 months, it's a no-brainer. I've gotten so used to its speed that everyone I dabble on my daughter's iPhone 4, he speed difference, although not significant, is quite noticeable.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

mu2ri

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

yea, save your upgrade. That was/is my dilemma. I have an upgrade and a 4 device and playing on my friends' 4S devices makes me debate getting it just because of the performance diff.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
That is exactly how I felt prior to and for a time after I purchased the 4S, but now after having used it for 8 months, it's a no-brainer. I've gotten so used to its speed that everyone I dabble on my daughter's iPhone 4, he speed difference, although not significant, is quite noticeable.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

My bro has a 4S and we switched for 2 weeks back in February. Some animations and transitions might be a tiny bit smoother but I didn't think it was a noticeable increase. IMHO not worth using an upgrade to move up from the 4. I just didn't feel that it was any faster really.

IMHO the only thing noticeably better on the 4S is the camera. Maybe it's just my feelings toward how my iPhone 4 is still performing. At this stage in the life of my iPhone 3G it was getting to be hard to use and newer apps just didn't perform very well. But I feel like today my iPhone 4 is still performing just as well as the day I got it two years ago. I never have any lag, hang ups, crashes, or minor freezes that my 3G was experiencing. Hence my conclusion that if you already have an iPhone 4 save your upgrade for the new iPhone, or something else if you want. I like my Lumia 900 as well.

I won't comment on Siri because in those 2 weeks of switching with my bro I really didn't use at all. So that's your call on if Siri is worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My bro has a 4S and we switched for 2 weeks back in February. Some animations and transitions might be a tiny bit smoother but I didn't think it was a noticeable increase. IMHO not worth using an upgrade to move up from the 4. I just didn't feel that it was any faster really.

IMHO the only thing noticeably better on the 4S is the camera. Maybe it's just my feelings toward how my iPhone 4 is still performing. At this stage in the life of my iPhone 3G it was getting to be hard to use and newer apps just didn't perform very well. But I feel like today my iPhone 4 is still performing just as well as the day I got it two years ago. I never have any lag, hang ups, crashes, or minor freezes that my 3G was experiencing. Hence my conclusion that if you already have an iPhone 4 save your upgrade for the new iPhone, or something else if you want. I like my Lumia 900 as well.

I won't comment on Siri because in those 2 weeks of switching with my bro I really didn't use at all. So that's your call on if Siri is worth it.

Understood and well-spoken. ;). In regard to Siri, it was never a factor in my decision to get the 4S and I didn't have any great expectations of it either, however, it performs quite well for my usage. Anyway, thanks for responding and enjoy the rest of your day.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Being stuck in the _S generation sucks. You're like the middle sibling x redheaded stepchild. You get a design that's been out for almost an entire year, then you're a year behind when the new iPhone comes out. Try to get a temporary replacement and just wait for the i5 or 'new iPhone' or whatever Apple decides to call it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro