Who's problem-AT&T, Yahoo or Apple?

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
So this is the second time since switching to the iPhone 4 that I have had the following problem after Apple released an iOS update. My email stops pushing over wifi and cellular data. That is always my first notice. Then it spills over to my contacts. The entry is stil in place, however the data like email addresses are replaced by random numbers. The first time the contacts disappeared all together! So I have reached out on Yahoo's site and AT&T on Twitter. Both have been responsive, but no luck with resolving this yet.

So I don't know if it is related to my cell provider, email provider or the iOS update makes enough of a change that the two don't update their networks.

On a side note the first time Yahoo was able to correct the problem within a few days. But u was not told what the fix was. So if you have a similar problem or check and find the same thing, send them some feedback so they will hopefully fix this and future update problems!

I have tried every fix listed here and on all the providers sites, including restoring. I even tried this new "build" that apple released for AT&T customers!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a yahoo issue syncing your mail .. Not a iOS update or you would have the same issue flooding in ..
I assume your contacts are synced with yahoo have you tried moving them over to iCloud and just turn your contacts off for yahoo.

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the revised 5.1.1 update for the iPhone 4? If not, give it a try and see if that fixes your issue. I have Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, and iCloud mail configured on my i-devices, however, with the exception of iCloud (my primary account), I only sync the mail and not the contacts & calendars.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had a similar issue with Yahoo, but only with my mail, since I only sync my mail, not my contacts and calanders. I recently received this email.

Dear Yahoo! Mail User,

This is regarding your Yahoo! Mail account with the ID *****. At Yahoo!, ensuring the safety and security of your data is important to us, and we know how critical your email is to you. We recently experienced an issue syncing emails for some of our users when accessing email from an IMAP device like an iPhone or an Android phone. Emails that you might have moved from your inbox to folders (including the trash folder) may have been temporarily unavailable. We fixed this issue, and recovered emails that may not have been synced to the right folder.

This is what you can expect to see:

- We have automatically added a folder called "Synced Messages" to your email account today located in the left navigation of your inbox.

- Our systems identified emails that may have been subject to the syncing issue and added them to the "Synced Messages" folder.

This is what you should do:

- Open the "Synced Messages" folder and move any messages you wish to keep to the inbox or your other personal folders.

- After you move the messages you wish to keep, you can delete the remaining messages in "Synced Messages" folder as well as the folder itself. The "Synced Messages" folder will remain in your account until you delete it.

At Yahoo!, we strive to give you the best email experience possible. We apologize that some email was not synced properly, and please know that this issue has been fixed.

Kind regards,

The Yahoo! Mail team

I then checked my Mail app and saw the folder, with nearly 200 emails that hadn't been pushed to my phone(luckily for me, none of them were too important).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR