Any way to do this? Reverse Call Forwarding?

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is posted for a buddy of mine but I can't figure out how to do it so im asking you all:

He has been an iPhone user since iPhones came out but just switched jobs and they bought him an android (Droid X2) on their corporate plan. The phone is nice but he wants to keep using his iPhone.

Basically what he wants to do is have calls to the WORK (android) phone number go to his personal (iphone). This is easy through Verizon Wireless call forwarding. He also wants texts from his WORK (android) to go to his personal. I found an app Desk SMS for android which claims to do this pretty well.

Now the question is when he want to MAKE CALLS from the iPhone he wants the calls to look like they came from the droid (which has a different number) so people do not have to put two phone numbers for him in their phone book. So he would be calling from his personal iPhone but to people in his business they would see the caller ID of the WORK ANDROID.

The closest I can come up with to do this is to either JB or pay for a program that spoofs a phone number but in a corporate enviornment this is not very practical. I guess he is looking for some kind of APP or service that can relay phone calls? And no, google voice is not an option since he wont be allowed to port that work number over to google voice.

I doubt there is an easy solution to this, but your suggestions are much appreciated!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711