Stuck in recovery mode for 2 days

JoshdaKing

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My iphone 4 has been stuck in recovery mode for 2 days and itunes wont restore it.error code1. i cant seem to get it in dfu mode. can anyone help. it wasnt jailbroken.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you get it to turn off? If so, turn it off while plugged in to the wall socket. Afterwards, press the power and home key simultaneously until the device starts. Hopefully, you'll be able to get iTunes to restore it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now make sure your computer is connected to the internet and then connect your iPhone to your computer via USB and fire up the computer's iTunes app. If all goes well, iTunes should connect to Apple, register your device, download the latest iOS version and install it on your iPhone.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

iSpi7Fire

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Error 1 means you're trying to overwrite the baseband firmware with the same version or lower using an usingned apple firmware. You basically need to create a custom firmware without the baseband upgrade files. You can use redsn0w to do it.

Last edited:

iSpi7Fire

May 7, 2012
Visit site
No, you sign it with your SHSH blobs, put the phone in PWNED DFU mode using redsn0w and on iTunes, you select the phone on the left, hold the shift key and while holding it, press the Restore button. It should let you browse for it.