Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andrewsmith
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

176 Posts

Default Dead Pixel - Apple Replaced...Positive Experience

Last June I was still wielding my iPhone 3GS. I was trying my hardest to wait until the 4S came out so I could skip the 4. But my 3GS died on me and Apple said it was water damage so there is nothing they could do. So I went online and ordered a refurbish i4 because there was no point in getting another 3GS. About a week after I had the i4 I noticed it had a dead pixel and I was frustrated because I had heard if it's just one pixel Apple won't replace it. However, today I finally made the trip to the Apple Store just to see what they would say. Luckily the Genius I got understood how frustrating a dead pixel can be. He had said that once you know it's there you can't stop looking at it which is exactly true. He also said that they aren't supposed to replace the unit unless there are multiple dead pixels and mine had only 1 (or 2 closely grouped ones...kinda hard to tell on the retina display) but he went ahead and replaced it. I was in and out with a new phone in under 15 minutes.

Figured I would share a good Genius experience.
    I will admit though, I was hoping they were out of black 4's and would have to give me a 4S like I've been reading about haha. Oh well, I'm super happy because now I don't have to look at that dead pixel.

Share some positive experiences if you have any lately.
    joe_fresh likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

That is good to hear. I love going into the apple store...
    Retired Moderator

5,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,465 Global Posts

Anything up to 1 dead pixel on a 3.5" screen allows replacement Appleā€™s dead pixel policy revealed
    iPhone Pro

565 Posts
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Anything up to 1 dead pixel on a 3.5" screen allows replacement Apple’s dead pixel policy revealed
    Yeah I was about to say that it depends on the device and screen size.

I have had good service at the apple store .. Home button was not working sometimes .. Phone replaced .. .. I bought a referb iPad 2 64 gig and the mag close had issues making the digitizer not respond .. Went it said wow that's a first and handed me a brand new one still shrink wrapped ..

Only time I was disappointed is I took my wifes phone in for same home button issue he took phone and came back 3 min later the rep said he went back and took phone apart and clean the dust from the home button .. I was shocked cuz I repair iPhones and its impossible to disassemble the phone to get to the home button in 3 mins lol .. I just told him ok and left .. The issue was still happening so I just called my carrier and they replaced it via next day air ..

But overall my experience with apple stores has been impressive for the most part

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk