New can't decide

dj80d

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So im ditching my BB and going to an Iphone but cant deiced on a 4 or 4s im kinda broke but might be able to get a 4s. not sure i need the talking back phone i guess the camera is nice. but one other thing is what is the best phone cover im looking at the ballistics hc because i work on a golf course which has sand water and lots of dirt. is there another case other than otterbox im not use i really think they are strong enough

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're definitely going to get an iPhone then get the 4S, if you can. The differences between it and its predecessor is big enough if coming from a non-iOS device, in my opinion. As for what case to recommend, I cannot help you there because I don't have or use a case for my iPhone. Sorry. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Reactions: dj80d

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have and used a ballistic case, they are nice. The best protection and usability wise is the lifeproof case. I use my phone under very dirty and wet conditions and have had good luck. Personally I upgraded to he 4s for the speed and camera, SIRI is awesome if you jailbreak but otherwise I could do without it.

Here area couple of other threads on case recommendations and iP4 vs iP4s.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dj80d

dj80d

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have and used a ballistic case, they are nice. The best protection and usability wise is the lifeproof case. I use my phone under very dirty and wet conditions and have had good luck. Personally I upgraded to he 4s for the speed and camera, SIRI is awesome if you jailbreak but otherwise I could do without it.

Here area couple of other threads on case recommendations and iP4 vs iP4s.

what is this jailbreak thing

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaking allows you to install apps and tweaks from an alternate source, i.e. not Apple. These add functionality, customization, capabilities and such. There's a section of the forums dedicated to the topic. The FAQ section is a good place to start learning about it and decide if it's for you. There are other resources on the web.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on your needs/wants from the phone. Within the past couple of months, my girlfriend and I each got an iPhone 4. We both decided we didn't need the 4s. Personally, I don't need to be up to date with the fastest, fanciest software or hardware, and my gf is the same. It is all up to you and what you want.

I haven't played around with a 4s for an extended period of time, and since I don't own one I am not the best person to explain the differences noticed.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As far as cases...do you want bulk and protection, or just something to make the phone look nice? There are a ton of cases on Amazon that you can get for really cheap, but they aren't going to be the most well made and/or reliable cases when compared to something like an otterbox case.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4 and have seen no compelling arguments to move to the 4s - it works as advertised and with the iOS update, it offers a majority of the software improvements as with the 4s. The camera hardware upgrade not a priority for me, while if you simply want to get the newest device to get Siri, then I'd direct to products like Speaktoit Assistant, which works well on the 4.

Save your money and get the 4 - and invest those savings into AppleCare and a good case, given your anticipated use.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4 as well as a 9930. I could easily trade my 4 for a 4S but, as stated above, I don't see a need in switching to the 4S. Then again if you are upgrading I'd get a 4S simply because you would be locked in contract for another 20 months before your next available upgrade and it would be easier for you to use that to get the 5 whenever it drops.

Sent from my 9930 using Tapatalk

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i came from a BB to an iphone 4. no sense in wasting an upgrade for a 4 or 4S. i would buy a used iphone 4 and save your upgrade if you have one for the new iphone thats coming out. if you dont have an upgrade, and dont plan on getting the iphone 5, then get the 4S.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2