iPhone restore question.

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys!!

Now what all does documents and data include if I choose to back that up?

Does that back up my game data?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You will unless you backup to iTunes or iCloud, otherwise no it will all resync. ;)

Ok I see under the iCloud settings if I turn iCloud backup on it says it will automatically back up my camera roll accounts documents and settings. So when I restore from the iCloud backup my photos will be placed back in my camera roll?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok I see under the iCloud settings if I turn iCloud backup on it says it will automatically back up my camera roll accounts documents and settings. So when I restore from the iCloud backup my photos will be placed back in my camera roll?

Exactly.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Exactly.

Awesome!! So the reason why I've been thinking about restoring my iPhone is because it's been slightly buggy lately. Nothing serious though.

Today I was trying to read a twitter feed and it kept crashing on me. I did a hard reset and when it booted back up I noticed a few settings had some how changed. My auto brightness was switched on my ringer had changed and my battery percentage wasn't on. Also a couple of my photos was rearranged. I've also been getting this message when trying to download or update my apps. View attachment 15547

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Awesome!! So the reason why I've been thinking about restoring my iPhone is because it's been slightly buggy lately. Nothing serious though.

Today I was trying to read a twitter feed and it kept crashing on me. I did a hard reset and when it booted back up I noticed a few settings had some how changed. My auto brightness was switched on my ringer had changed and my battery percentage wasn't on. Also a couple of my photos was rearranged. I've also been getting this message when trying to download or update my apps. View attachment 15547

I remember seeing that "unable to purchase" happening with other people so it isn't something specific in your settings. It has to do with the database of purchases getting corrupted? The only workaround I've seen is for jail broken devices, besides a restore which also fixes it as I recall. I would look it up online if I were you and see how prevalent it is.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have than also and am not jail broke at all ever never looked into how to fix it thou

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Found this fix

1. Download iExplorer (formerly iPhone Explorer) on your Mac or PC for Free via http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer

2. Install and open iExplorer before you plug in your iPhone or iPad

3. Plug in your iDevice and run iExplorer

4. On the left expand Media and Downloads

5. Scroll way down inside the Downloads folder to the only file ending in ‘sqlitedb’

6. Rename that file to ‘sqllitedb.old’

7. Close iExplorer and unplug your iDevice

8. Close and reopen the app store and the problem should be solved (you need to hard close by double clicking the home button and holding the app store in the multitask menu then hitting the X)

This causes the database to be re-created without the stuck entries that are causing the problem.

We hold no responsibility if this causes any harm to your device but if you follow these instructions you should have no issues.

Update 1: Or you can use DiskAid or other iPhone file system viewer.

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for all the info guys!!

I seen that theres a fix for the unable to purchase bug with the new iOS 5.1.1 update.

I went ahead and updated and so far so good. My phone hasn't had any weird behavior since. I still might just go ahead and restore it for the heck if it but who knows.

I did notice that I had a photo that was corrupt in my camera roll and I deleted it. That's the first time I've ever had that happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen