Need to unlock to use on T-Mo

captainbdsc

May 3, 2012
Visit site
New iPhone user/potential iPhone user here.

I am considering buying a used AT&T iPhone 4. it has iOS 5.0 installed on it. I need to unlock the phone to use on T-Mobile. Is it possible to unlock? If not, I wont purchase it. please help!

Thanks,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
People have been reporting that AT&T will unlock your device, however, there are conflicting statements regarding the conditions in which they will unlock it, but that is something you will have to determine when you call them. Let us know how it goes.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

captainbdsc

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I am currently a T-Mobile customer. So I won't be able to have AT&T unlock it... (at least not that I know of)

Is it possible to downgrade the OS to a point where I can unlock it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am currently a T-Mobile customer. So I won't be able to have AT&T unlock it... (at least not that I know of)

Is it possible to downgrade the OS to a point where I can unlock it?

Do you know if the owner of the used iPhone is still under contract with AT&T or not and could you not have the person you're buying it from get it unlocked before buying it?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Its impossible unless you buy it from someone and have them get it carrier unlocked. Or you could get one factory unlocked, which is very expensive as we all know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro