Touchstone Mod with BookBook

hartmund

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I?m planning to build a Palm Touchstone mod for my iPhone 4. I?m thinking about taking the Coil off a Palm Pre Touchstone Back and putting it into the back of a BookBook cover (I might try it out first with another cheaper cover).
My plan is: connect the iPhone with an as tiny as possible modded iPhone connector permanently while in the BookBook and brazing this iPhone connector with the Touchstone Back which will stick in the back of the BookBook.
Has anyone ever tried to charge an iPhone out of the "TouchstoneBack-power"? Does anyone know how small I can mod an iPhone connector?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

ice8lue

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The Palm/HP phone is held by 4 magnets in the back, not only the coils, so you will have to do some kind of holding.

Another problem I see could be the power output of the Touchstone.

hartmund

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you?re right about the magnets. I think they will fit in there too. I got four other very strong magnets if necessary. They will interfere with the compass but thats alright.
I read somewhere that the output is around 500mA which should be enough. And I need to shortcut the data pins on the USB so the iPhone will accept the power.
I might do first tests next week.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73