Dropped my iPhone! Help!!!?

And11

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Please help, I dropped my iPhone in a running sink (I was unaware of it, so it was under there for a good three seconds). Even through my Otterbox, the screen and back were wet, so i wiped them clean and lightly blow dried the phone. I then plugged it in a good 4 hours after it happened, and after 3 hours, my phone reset. When I turn it on, it says "Activiation Required" and in the top left corner it says"No Service". When I unlock it, it says I have to connect to iTunes and it won't let me do anything else but an emergency call. What should I do???
iPad.gif

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I would first turn it off and dry it completely by putting it in a bag of rice for a day or two. Then turn it back on and see if it works properly.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Right. And if that still does not work, then send it in to a company like Techrestore. My wife just poured water into her MacBook Pro. (Actually, a lemon drop martini...) She shipped on Wednesday, they repaired on Thursday, and we got it back on Friday, yesterday, in perfect condition. So there are good repair options out there.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would take back cover off and blow dry it good but it might be too late I dropped my phone to the bottom of the pool and blow dry it for 3 min cycles on hot then let it cool before turning on and it worked perfect but it's worth a shot

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Turn the phone off. Do not blowdry it. Your phone is shorting out, the electrical signals used in normal phone and os function are taking detours due to the presence of moisture.

You have a couple options: disassemble and clean the iPhone yourself, or send it to a repair facility for water damage repair. It is very likely there will be corrosion on the logic board after it dries and this needs to be cleaned for the phone to function properly again

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Turn the phone off. Do not blowdry it. Your phone is shorting out, the electrical signals used in normal phone and os function are taking detours due to the presence of moisture.

You have a couple options: disassemble and clean the iPhone yourself, or send it to a repair facility for water damage repair. It is very likely there will be corrosion on the logic board after it dries and this needs to be cleaned for the phone to function properly again

After all this go to www.lifeproof.com and do yourself a favor get rid of your otterbox and get a real case:)

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711