iPhone 4 and iPad 2 GPS wildly inaccurate

dunn.brian

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
My name is Brian and I own both an iPhone 4 and iPad 2 + 3G on AT&T. Recently, my GPS has been completely inaccurate and displays my location in Winter Garden, FL. (I live near Daytona Beach, FL).

I have tried this on both 3G and wifi on both devices and the result is always the same, the blue dot shows up dead center in Winter Garden and it will not lock into my current location even if I wait.

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this problem... Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not me. Both my iPhone 4S and my iPad 2 display my location accurately. My iPhone is via Verizon and my iPad is a WiFi-only model. Have you tested the GPS accuracy with an app like Best Buy? I mean, can you check and see if it displays one of its stores your actual location and not the one in Winter Garden/Windermere or the one in Ocoee?

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is weird. Maybe a reset will fix it. Have you done that?

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

dunn.brian

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
My last restore with iTunes was about 2 weeks ago on my iPhone, but I have tried restarting via home and power buttons... Doesn't seem to change anything.

I have been noticing that many Facebook posts from 'mobile' are showing up from Winter Springs... A carrier error, perhaps?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I would not rule out that it could be a carrier related issue. Other than the GPS issue, is everything else performing as it should?

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated my iPhone and iPad to iOS 5.1 today and the gps issues are fixed. :)

Thank you for updating is, Brian. I'm glad you got it taken care of. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2