Voicemail Won't Play - Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My wife's iP4 won't play her voicemail. She got a call from one of her PA's and he left her a message, and it won't play. It will start, and then stop, and then it won't play at all. We reset the network settings, we rebooted, and nothing. This is the second time this has happened. Does anyone know of what could be going on or how to fix this? Thanks! I appreciate any advice...she's about to toss it out the window!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any clue? We still haven't been able to figure it out, and it looks like no one on here has anything either. Please advise if you have any clue. Thanks!

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Call Vz (*611 for airtime free access on iPhone & go to the tech support option) and have them troubleshoot your voicemail. More than once, they have fixed issues for me with voicemail. There's some technical connection between Vz and your voicemail.

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Call Vz (*611 for airtime free access on iPhone & go to the tech support option) and have them troubleshoot your voicemail. More than once, they have fixed issues for me with voicemail. There's some technical connection between Vz and your voicemail.

Alright. We'll give em a call. It's really strange and very annoying. Especially when the VM on my 4S works flawlessly.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried pressing and holding 1 to see if it works that way? truthfully i would have called vzw first instead of coming onto a forum to get it figured out. Especially if it has taken a week for you to say i will try that...

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried pressing and holding 1 to see if it works that way? truthfully i would have called vzw first instead of coming onto a forum to get it figured out. Especially if it has taken a week for you to say i will try that...

What about the voicemail playing, stopping, playing, stopping on its own, or disappearing and coming back make me believe that it is a Verizon problem? It was on the phone, you could see the VM, who it was from and how long it was, but there was always an issue when trying to get it to play correctly. That sounds more like a phone problem, and not a network issue. However, I will give that a try. And it is my wife's phone, not mine, so I don't constantly have it with me. I thought there might have been a quick fix that someone else had dealt with.

And, maybe if I hadn't re-herniated a disc in my back this week causing me to have to get surgery on Tuesday, I would've already gone to VZW. But that's hard when you can't drive yourself and have to travel back and forth 150 miles to your doctor.

Hope that explains why I came here first.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Pressing and holding 1 directly calls voice mail. the problem she is having could be with visual voice mail. as it could not be set up properly on her line. That is why you should have called directly instead of posting here. The time you posted vzw customer service was still open. And if you don't always have her device with you then she could have taken the incentive to call them on her own. I am sorry to be a prick but that is the way i am. I figure things out on my own. and frankly i don't really care if you hurt your back. there was a 3 hour window that you could have called by the time you posted the second time basically bashing anyone that even read your post and not responding because they did not have the same issue.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Pressing and holding 1 directly calls voice mail. the problem she is having could be with visual voice mail. as it could not be set up properly on her line. That is why you should have called directly instead of posting here. The time you posted vzw customer service was still open. And if you don't always have her device with you then she could have taken the incentive to call them on her own. I am sorry to be a prick but that is the way i am. I figure things out on my own. and frankly i don't really care if you hurt your back. there was a 3 hour window that you could have called by the time you posted the second time basically bashing anyone that even read your post and not responding because they did not have the same issue.

Yes, I agree that it could be something not working correctly with her visual voicemail. I had used this forum numerous times by posting a simple question and got quick and very helpful answers. So I thought I might be able to do the same again. Oftentimes calling Verizon isn't helpful at all, so I thought that hopefully someone in this very knowledgeable forum would be able to help. If you notice, I posted around 6 something Monday night and did not post anything else here until 10 something Wednesday morning. My post was not a bash. It was assuming that maybe this was not as common of an issue as I had previously thought, and would maybe require a much more significant effort to figure out what was wrong.

And I don't really appreciate you saying that my wife should have taken the incentive to call. That woman works her ever loving ass off from 7 am to about 6 pm every night and I was trying to help her out. Calling Verizon is the least of her worries and I was trying to give her some assistance. I apologize if I assumed I could come here for answers to problems instead of getting berated by a prick like you.

But thanks for your otherwise helpful comments.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I agree that it could be something not working correctly with her visual voicemail. I had used this forum numerous times by posting a simple question and got quick and very helpful answers. So I thought I might be able to do the same again. Oftentimes calling Verizon isn't helpful at all, so I thought that hopefully someone in this very knowledgeable forum would be able to help. If you notice, I posted around 6 something Monday night and did not post anything else here until 10 something Wednesday morning. My post was not a bash. It was assuming that maybe this was not as common of an issue as I had previously thought, and would maybe require a much more significant effort to figure out what was wrong.

And I don't really appreciate you saying that my wife should have taken the incentive to call. That woman works her ever loving ass off from 7 am to about 6 pm every night and I was trying to help her out. Calling Verizon is the least of her worries and I was trying to give her some assistance. I apologize if I assumed I could come here for answers to problems instead of getting berated by a prick like you.

But thanks for your otherwise helpful comments.

ORLY.... wow...... so do i and so does my wife. Next....

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
ORLY.... wow...... so do i and so does my wife. Next....

So then you should know better than to make assumptions and accusations about people.

Mods, go ahead and close this thread. This a-hole has provided nothing but angst which wasn't warranted at all.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Let's learn some tolerance and not be so thin skinned. You ask for advice, you get what you pay for it. If the advice doesn't suit you, ignore it and push on. That's the nice thing about forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner