iphone 4 serial # and warranty???

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought a used iphone 4 on eBay. the seller was clear about the description. Does not read SIM.

I bought it anyway, thinking I could restore it, and get it working. It actually reads "Invalid SIm"

I searched online and it appears to be a common issue for iphone 4 after upgrading to ios5. I restored the phone several times, but still getting the same issue.

I called Apple support and read my serial number to them and I was told it was out of warranty.
My serial number starts with QR140C

From my searches on the web, the phone should have been manufactured in the 40th week of 2011??? correct? The 3rd digit is the year, the 4th and 5th are the week

But when I called, I was told it was sold in Dec 2010?

Shouldnt all iphones have a 1 year warrant?
Doesnt that warranty transfer?

Anyone have any idea if I am reading the serial number correct? I am on my way to the Apple store to get upset.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Warranties typically only apply to the original purchaser - Apple has been lenient on that issue. Perhaps they're becoming less lenient?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Warranties typically only apply to the original purchaser - Apple has been lenient on that issue. Perhaps they're becoming less lenient?

Apple doesn't treat their warranties as "typical". One of their selling points for AppleCare is that it increases resale value.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why they're doing so well vs. much of their competition.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have personally bought a 3Gs from a random person on Craigslist and lucky me it still has warranty until 2012. When I purchased it, the lock bottom was a bit faulty so I took it in and they lady checked the serial and they swap the phone, no questions asked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711