Aluminum Back: Photo Quality?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering buying a replacement back for my iP4, but I've been reading that some have poor quality lens covers that can make photos taken on the phone look worse.

Can anyone confirm/disconfirm that?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm considering buying a replacement back for my iP4, but I've been reading that some have poor quality lens covers that can make photos taken on the phone look worse.

Can anyone confirm/disconfirm that?

Honestly I would be very wary of any 3rd party back replacement. The quality is pretty poor of them in general. Especially those from that cnn site. Perhaps I am pickier than most, but I wouldn't settle for poor quality materials being on my devices.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have heard some people complain they can't get the screws to tighten correctly with the aluminum back. Heard this on many cases but not all.

bennett22

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i have 2 different back plates that i ordered off of ebay and didn't have any problems with camera quality at all.btw,both back plates are plastic which doesn't matter much to me since my phone is always in a case anyway.

Conquest4life

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just installed a blue glass back plate, from phone parts usa. The quality is the same as the stock backplate on the iphone. You should check them out.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i have 2 different back plates that i ordered off of ebay and didn't have any problems with camera quality at all.btw,both back plates are plastic which doesn't matter much to me since my phone is always in a case anyway.

If you always have your phone in a case why order a back plate? :p

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I started this same thread about 2 weeks ago and got no replies smh.
But I am also very interested in this but found while doing research that a flash bleeds into the photos because there is usually no photo diffuser on the replacement back panels.

Installation is usually easy because they send you the star tool. I am still very interested in this, as I only wear a bumper and protective film on my 4s so a replacement door would really stun those who look at my device. Besides that there's really no other reason to change the back panel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal