01-31-2012 09:17 PM
- How much do you think is enough? How many of you use a 16gb? 32gb? I have a 16gb right now and I have 12gb free, but I kind of wanted to jailbreak. Will that take a lot of memory? I have specific apps that I always have and I don't put music on my phone. I just use pandora or spotify. At the moment I don't have many pics on my phone, but I usually have a decent amount.
Are there people out there that wish they would've gotten a 32 because they didn't know how fast the memory fills up? Are there cloud services out there specifically for pics, documents, etc? I know these some pretty basic questions but I'm deciding between a 32gb i4 or a 16gb i4S. Any and all feedback appreciated, thanks!01-25-2012 11:01 PMLike 0
- I've always had a 16Gig and it has been more than fine for how I use my phone. Now I do not carry my entire iTunes Music Library with me. Just what I know I listen to the most. Some people do like having all their music with them at all times. If you have a LARGE collection, you may consider bigger. IF you are a Big Gamer and you play some of the larger games (i.e.. Infinity Blade) you may want to consider larger. I have a TON of games, but I just carry the ones that I am currently playing. Basically I am "managing my Memory. That's what it comes down to is "managing" your memory. If you don't mind doing that then 16Gig is plenty.
I do use the cloud services (DropBox, Box.Net, etc.) Docs do not take up that much memory though. Oh! Also if you have an 4S and are taking a lot of HD video you will probably also want a 32Gig or bigger. HD Video is a memory hog!
I personally will probably stay with a 16Gig when I upgrade, but my next iPad will DEFINiTELY be 32Gig or Bigger!01-26-2012 07:47 AM
- I see. Like I said I don't put music on my phone though. I just use pandora or spotify. Any answers to my jb question? Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really appreciate it! Is there a difference in the cameras? Going to be a proud father in a few months and probably gonna want to take a bunch of pics, if not me, then my gf will haha.01-26-2012 11:17 AMLike 0
- I see. Like I said I don't put music on my phone though. I just use pandora or spotify. Any answers to my jb question? Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really appreciate it! Is there a difference in the cameras? Going to be a proud father in a few months and probably gonna want to take a bunch of pics, if not me, then my gf will haha.
Jailbreaking...I don't know how much space it takes up...but you can look at around for people who fill out their profiles...there are plenty that have a 16gb. $100 at upgrade time for double the space just is a worthwhile insurance policy to me.
If it helps, I have 289 songs, 8 Videos (1 is a full length, "Public Enemies), 498 photos, and 89 applications. I have a capacity of 28.5gb and have 18.8gb left and I am jailbroken.
Last edited by LSglock89; 01-26-2012 at 01:02 PM.01-26-2012 12:59 PM
- I got the 32 gig 4s and I like it. Lots of space but I also have an 80 gig iPod classic which i use for music at work and just have my iPhone music for at the gym. Figured I would rather be safe than sorry since I will have this for 3 years and probably will have a handful of pictures in the end.01-26-2012 11:33 PM
- 01-26-2012 11:40 PM
- I have a 64GB white iPhone 4S and it's 75% full. I have 20GB of music, 10GB apps, some videos, 6000 photos and whatnot. My previous 32GB 3GS was getting full quite often so I knew I needed to upgrade. I'm the type of person who likes to carry around a lot of information with them, as I sync my phone once and then don't for another while. I don't want to keep transferring different data. I'll definitely be buying a 64GB iPad 3 as well.
Storage is something that I don't want to run out of. It's not like I can upgrade the storage on an iPhone, so $100 or $200 over 2 years is well worth it.01-27-2012 06:14 PM
- 16 GB is more than enough for me. I don't download videos and I may download a few tunes here and there. If you're going to be downloading a lot of music & videos as well as store a great deal of photos on your device then I recommend a minimum of 32 GBs. However, if you'll be using your device for business or in a semi-business-like manner then the 16 GB version should suffice.
Just Me, D01-27-2012 06:34 PM
- iPhones or iPads. I tell people the same thing.
It's $____ ($199 or $499) for the first 16GB, it's $100 for another 16GB (totaling), but for only $100 more you've got another 32GB (that's half-price) so I tell everyone, get 16GB or 64GB.
Even when it's junk just for a jukebox in the car, you'll have more music on it.
Or when you got to resell it, it'll have more value there too....
Gary01-27-2012 07:42 PM
- I have only had my 16 GB 4 for about a week and I only have 3 GB left. I have 7 gigs of music (which is all my music) and 54 apps and one full length movie (Star Trek). Obviously, I probably don't NEED 54 apps on my phone at once, but I'd rather not have to manage my memory. And I don't have all the games I'd like installed (I want to get Infiniti Blade 1&2). I'm not sure if I'll stick with iPhone for my next device (got this one off contract), but if I do it will be at least 32 GB, if not 64 GB. And to think, 4 years ago I was satisfied with a laptop with a 70 GB hard drive.01-27-2012 10:44 PM
I have a 32gb iPhone4 and a 32gb ipod touch.
they both only have about 1gb each of free space.
i have split my itunes library between rap and hiphop/mixtapes on my touch and everything else on my iphone.
with that said. tomtom alone takes 1.2gb of data.
yes you can stream music(which i do) but keep in mind how much you use it.
with all data on an iphone if you are not grandfathered into the unlimited plan you have to watch it.
between music/netflix/pandora/browsing and email all saved on my phone and updated i use about 6/7gb of data a month. (but im really on the high side)
my mom gets by on a 8gb
my sister a 16gb
and me and my brother in law both have 32gb
it all depends on the person and how they use they're device.01-28-2012 07:33 PM
- i have a 16gb jailbroken 4s....I want a 64gb but ive been managing my memory by only adding games that i am currently playing. For some reason i tend to horde games and apps i rarely use just bc i can.....why do i need all 3 gangstar's, 5 racing games, and 5 fps games??? lol....on average i have about 4gb free at any given time.01-28-2012 08:02 PMLike 2
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD