16GB vs 32GB

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How much do you think is enough? How many of you use a 16gb? 32gb? I have a 16gb right now and I have 12gb free, but I kind of wanted to jailbreak. Will that take a lot of memory? I have specific apps that I always have and I don't put music on my phone. I just use pandora or spotify. At the moment I don't have many pics on my phone, but I usually have a decent amount.

Are there people out there that wish they would've gotten a 32 because they didn't know how fast the memory fills up? Are there cloud services out there specifically for pics, documents, etc? I know these some pretty basic questions but I'm deciding between a 32gb i4 or a 16gb i4S. Any and all feedback appreciated, thanks!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I've always had a 16Gig and it has been more than fine for how I use my phone. Now I do not carry my entire iTunes Music Library with me. Just what I know I listen to the most. Some people do like having all their music with them at all times. If you have a LARGE collection, you may consider bigger. IF you are a Big Gamer and you play some of the larger games (i.e.. Infinity Blade) you may want to consider larger. I have a TON of games, but I just carry the ones that I am currently playing. Basically I am "managing my Memory. That's what it comes down to is "managing" your memory. If you don't mind doing that then 16Gig is plenty.

I do use the cloud services (DropBox, Box.Net, etc.) Docs do not take up that much memory though. Oh! Also if you have an 4S and are taking a lot of HD video you will probably also want a 32Gig or bigger. HD Video is a memory hog!

I personally will probably stay with a 16Gig when I upgrade, but my next iPad will DEFINiTELY be 32Gig or Bigger!

Reactions: CH1N087

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
16 on my I-Ph4....But will double that when I upgrade this year, I dont have all :cool: my -I-tunes music and would love to be able to have it all next time around.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've got about 3.5gb left on my 16gb 4S. I can get by with the 16gb version but I would rather have the 32gb even though I would never need all that. For resale I think it's always better to go with more storage anyways.

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I see. Like I said I don't put music on my phone though. I just use pandora or spotify. Any answers to my jb question? Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really appreciate it! Is there a difference in the cameras? Going to be a proud father in a few months and probably gonna want to take a bunch of pics, if not me, then my gf will haha.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I see. Like I said I don't put music on my phone though. I just use pandora or spotify. Any answers to my jb question? Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really appreciate it! Is there a difference in the cameras? Going to be a proud father in a few months and probably gonna want to take a bunch of pics, if not me, then my gf will haha.

No difference in the camera in the 16gb to 32gb models...

Jailbreaking...I don't know how much space it takes up...but you can look at around for people who fill out their profiles...there are plenty that have a 16gb. $100 at upgrade time for double the space just is a worthwhile insurance policy to me.

If it helps, I have 289 songs, 8 Videos (1 is a full length, "Public Enemies), 498 photos, and 89 applications. I have a capacity of 28.5gb and have 18.8gb left and I am jailbroken.

Last edited:

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually, on second thought, everything is becoming cloud based. There are lots of music streaming options for example. You might wanna think on that.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the 32 gig 4s and I like it. Lots of space but I also have an 80 gig iPod classic which i use for music at work and just have my iPhone music for at the gym. Figured I would rather be safe than sorry since I will have this for 3 years and probably will have a handful of pictures in the end.

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm rolling with an iPhone 4 32gig. Tons of memory, about 25gigs are taken in total. Music and video only take about 5gigs and my jailbroken stuff takes about 3gigs. The rest are apps and such.

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a white 32gb 4s and I have about 10 gigs of music on it and about 3 gigs in apps waiting on 5.1 so I can use photo stream to keep my pics, the next one I buy will be a 64 gb model

Sent from my iPhone 4s
using Tapatalk

Bcloutier

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
I have a 64GB white iPhone 4S and it's 75% full. I have 20GB of music, 10GB apps, some videos, 6000 photos and whatnot. My previous 32GB 3GS was getting full quite often so I knew I needed to upgrade. I'm the type of person who likes to carry around a lot of information with them, as I sync my phone once and then don't for another while. I don't want to keep transferring different data. I'll definitely be buying a 64GB iPad 3 as well.

Storage is something that I don't want to run out of. It's not like I can upgrade the storage on an iPhone, so $100 or $200 over 2 years is well worth it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
16 GB is more than enough for me. I don't download videos and I may download a few tunes here and there. If you're going to be downloading a lot of music & videos as well as store a great deal of photos on your device then I recommend a minimum of 32 GBs. However, if you'll be using your device for business or in a semi-business-like manner then the 16 GB version should suffice.

Just Me, D

garylapointe

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
16 or 64.

iPhones or iPads. I tell people the same thing.

It's $____ ($199 or $499) for the first 16GB, it's $100 for another 16GB (totaling), but for only $100 more you've got another 32GB (that's half-price) so I tell everyone, get 16GB or 64GB.

Even when it's junk just for a jukebox in the car, you'll have more music on it.
Or when you got to resell it, it'll have more value there too....

Gary

JRDroid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have only had my 16 GB 4 for about a week and I only have 3 GB left. I have 7 gigs of music (which is all my music) and 54 apps and one full length movie (Star Trek). Obviously, I probably don't NEED 54 apps on my phone at once, but I'd rather not have to manage my memory. And I don't have all the games I'd like installed (I want to get Infiniti Blade 1&2). I'm not sure if I'll stick with iPhone for my next device (got this one off contract), but if I do it will be at least 32 GB, if not 64 GB. And to think, 4 years ago I was satisfied with a laptop with a 70 GB hard drive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods